New To The Board (And Breed) From Mi

Guest apollo

Guest apollo

Hello,

My name is Stephanie and my boyfriend Brent and I have adopted a Retired Racing Greyhound through Regap! Last week Saturday, we brought Apollo home, his racing name was Jax Branson. He was in 21 races total. Originally we were going to foster to see if he was the right fit for our home because we also have a boston terrier and 2 kids ages 11 and 7. Apollo fit in from the moment he walked in the door and about 24 hours after he came home we knew he wasn't going anywhere. Actually this morning the two dogs were chasing each other around the living room!

We did our homework and are aware of the unique needs of the greyhounds (Bostons have some unique qualities as well), and we're incredibly happy to have him as part of our family.

We're also eager to continue volunteering with Regap because they were an amazing group to deal with during the whole adoption process.

Here are some pictures of Dexter the BT and Apollo!

2012-07-22_14-26-10_69.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

a23d52f2.jpg

Edited by apollo

Welcome from Mid-Michigan! :welcome

I love the space quilt you got for Apollo - very fitting! You'll fit in well here ..... :hehe

Nice to meet you and your pups.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest apollo

Welcome from Mid-Michigan! :welcome

I love the space quilt you got for Apollo - very fitting! You'll fit in well here ..... :hehe

Nice to meet you and your pups.

Thank you! Actually that quilt was given to us by Regap - and that was before they knew we were changing his name to Apollo...so we knew he was meant to be ours!

Nice name and beautiful dog. Congratulations. Blanket is perfect.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Welcome to GT!!! Both your pups are beauts! Love Boston Terriers, they are hilarious pups.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome from West Michigan! Handsome boy! If you are in our area, feel free to come join us at any of our Allies for Greyhounds meet & greets. We always love to meet new greyt owners! Our events are listed at www.afgwm.org.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Guest apollo

Handsome guy! My parents had Boston Terriers after I flew the nest and they are little firecrackers! It sounds like so much fun having both dogs.

Dexter has been so good with Apollo - I was really concerned that he would try to play Bostie Bitey Face with him (not necessarily on Apollo's face, but where-ever he could reach) and he hasn't. The only thing I notice is that Dex gets less attention simply because we have to teach Apollo the rules...so we've started giving Dex the same sort of attention we give Apollo. For example, Apollo gets a treat for going potty outside - so does Dex, etc.

If you want to see races your pup ran in go here and type his name inthe serch box. The first of the bold numbers is the box he is in.

Thanks! We actually googled his name and found that. We saw a couple of his races and he did place well in a few, but he never won a race.

Nice name and beautiful dog. Congratulations. Blanket is perfect.

Thanks, we think the blanket is perfect too!

Welcome to GT!!! Both your pups are beauts! Love Boston Terriers, they are hilarious pups.

Thank you :) Dexter sure is funny...he has yoda ears!!

Welcome from West Michigan! Handsome boy! If you are in our area, feel free to come join us at any of our Allies for Greyhounds meet & greets. We always love to meet new greyt owners! Our events are listed at www.afgwm.org.

Thank you! We just may do that - although we don't get to that side of the state very often. We're from Southeastern Michigan - specifically just north of the Detroit area...

Guest apollo

I grew up in Warren. Lived in Clinton Twp for a few years and then our jobs brought us to the Grand Rapids area.

We're not too far from Warren. We're in Royal Oak

Welcome from lower Delaware.

Thanks!