The Accidental Dog Treat

I was rearranging the pantry and there was an open package of egg noodles. When I moved it some spilled on the floor. Barkley swooped in and took off with one. I expected to find it under the coffee table, but in a flash he was back for another. I swept up the rest and he was sniffing around looking for more while Poodle and Buddy heard the crunching and were looking at me saying "where are ours?"

I said "not for dogs" a couple of times and thought "what the heck?" and gave everyone two dried egg noodles thinking only the goat Barkley would eat them. All of them scarfed them down looking for more (which they didn't get) and Barkley is giving the kitchen another sweep. I wouldn't feed them more than a very few - wouldn't want them to explode ;), but they are all crazy about them. Cheapest high value dog treat ever.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I remember Mango chasing a piece of dry spaghetti around the kitchen floor, with me watching amazed because I didn't think she would really eat it!

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

The accidental dog treat we have at our home is "cat poop". We keep the door on a chain so the cats and get in and out for their food and their cat box. But once in a while one cat runs out so fast that they is a poop attached and it falls on the kitchen floor :hehe

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Mine are obsessed with Cheerios! We started out giving them to my lab mix as a low-fat treat (he has a bit of a weight problem) but now all my other dogs love them too and go nuts when I pull the box out :)

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest 2GreytsMom

My doggies favorite "accidental" treats are my hubby's pretzels... he tends to leave a trail behind him wherever he goes. Wiki even digs around in the sofa after he gets up looking for ones that might otherwise get stuck in the cushions (buried treasure)!!

Mine are obsessed with Cheerios! We started out giving them to my lab mix as a low-fat treat (he has a bit of a weight problem) but now all my other dogs love them too and go nuts when I pull the box out :)

Have you tried the new Peanut Butter Cheerios? I have created two monsters at home with our girls with them! Kare Bear will patiently stare me down for more, while Tessie tries to nose the box out of my hands.

Oh no I haven't I didn't even know they made those. I was talking about the plain cheerios, I'm not sure I want to introduce peanut butter flavored to them!! LOL that might make even more craziness at breakfast time :)

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop