Bad Spay, Incontinence, Now Prolapsed Uterus

Guest janiek

Glad everything went well. Praying it's smooth sailing from here on in.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! I hope you both have a good night.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest janiek

She peed this am and ate a light breakfast with her meds. She did have a urine accident during the night, but that is ok considering all she has gone threw. I am taking her back to the vet at 4 for follow up and a face 2 face conversation with the vet about the procedure. Will keep you all posted.

Hoping the follow up goes well :hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest twoskinnydogs

What part of PA are you in? If you are close to me, I may be able to help, I work at a veterinary hospital. I would definitely have her spayed before I would consider euthanasia. It should not be that costly. What is the deal with the botched spay? What exactly was done, do you know? Sounds to me like she wasn't spayed at all. If she was spayed she would not have a uterus, therefore no discharge and no uterine prolapse. A spay shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars. Sounds like she is headed for a pyometra with continually pushing her uterus back in, it is going to introduce infection.

I agree, if she was spayed to begin with she wouldnt have a uterus......it is not something that is easily left behind during a spay......She will require surgery no matter what.....and OSU is your best bet, for the Doctors and the price

How did Ginger make out at her recheck yesterday? Hope she's doing well.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest janiek

So sorry I didn't post here about her follow up, but with the 4th of July here, the fireworks around here really spooked her more than before. As for the follow up: everyone feels that the surgery was a success, now we just have to watch her urination. She is starting the leakage issue all over again, but we figure we will get her past this surgery issue first, then I guess we revisit the urination issue again, sigh..... But all in all, this am she is doing fine. Even thought I put her pills in liverwurst this morning, she left them in her bowl so I had to give them to her myself. I hate doing that, but what else can ya do???

I sure hope that tonite is not toooo bad with the fireworks. I know to have the tv on loudly and take them out before dark, the rest we will do our best.

Again, thank you everyone for your concerns and support. I am doing my best to keep mine and the puppers spirits up............hugs your puppers for us.

What an ordeal! I hope she's on the mend now. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest janiek

Well, at this point, we don't know.....the only thing we DO know is that she was spayed correctly and her insides are inside her. As for the rest, only time will tell. This whole ordeal started back in April, and we are back there again now. At least I know she was spayed, and hopefully this will be the start to some healing for the poor girl. I don't know what the future holds, whether the incontinence will come back or why it is to begin with.........but i'm holding on by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin.............thank you for your concerns.

Guest janiek

Well, we survived the fireworks for the 4th even tho she would not go to the bathroom and I walked around the yard with her for 20 minutes. This morning, she pooed but did not pee. She took her pills wrapped in the soft salami, but wouldn't touch her breakfast. Yesterday, she ate but refused the pills that were wrapped in liverwurst, then cream cheese, and laughing cow. She is drinking water, and I figure she will dinner. I'm off to school now, so I'll call to check up on her and continue to stress...............sigh.

I am so glad to read all of the updates. I hope she'll continue to make progress and heal.

Please try not to stress too much - I know it is easier said than done.

Sending you a hug over the miles.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge