Mass On Prostate Prayers Please

Guest 4rooers

Guest 4rooers

Oh gosh - poor Rourke sad.gif Why weren't they able to pass the scope - inflammation or the mass itself?

I hope the meds make him feel better very soon & that OSU can add some enlightenment. grouphug.gif

Apparently their scope was not small enough to get past the os penis(a bone) and the other option is a surgical biopsy which is very dangerous because of the area and potential to cause damage. He was having urethral spasms last night into this morning and I would have to help him by pressing on the bladder just to release a few drops. My vet said to start Prazosin HCL that Tech had given me to start on Monday, along with a Xanax. He's finally resting. I am so sleep deprived(haven't slept in 3 days) and emotional, I was ready to let him go this AM, but the vet, my acupuncture vet and Sara(greytlady) told me to try and hang on. A lot of his discomfort may be temporary from the trauma of all the tests. I'm hoping to get some good news from OSU. Thanks for the prayers, I need each and every one of them.

Kim

oh man :( you poor guys :(

sending many prayers! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hang in there & keep us posted. grouphug.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Roadtripper

Best wishes for strength (& SLEEP!) for you both. Hoping he'll respond to the treatment, answers can be found, and you can rest & be strong for your boy.

Gosh, Kim, I didn't realize you guys were having this kind of trouble. I'm so sorry for the discomfort, sleep deprivation, all of it. :grouphug Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest 4rooers

A dear friend contacted an animal communicator I have used in the past and she said Rourke didn't want to leave yet, but he thought it would be soon, because he didn't think the vet could fix him. He told Gail he loved me and was very happy living with me, and he knew that I loved him, too. My heart is breaking.

Guest 4rooers

All Rourke's test and results have been sent to Dr. Couto at OSU, now we wait for his input. Thank you all so much for the prayers. Rourke seems to be feeling ok, still incontinent, but at least he's peeing without help! Hopefully my vet will get some feedback soon.

Glad he's feeling better. Hope Dr. C gets back to you soon.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis