Ate Cat Poop ... Kinda Pukey Now...

My delicate flower rolleyes.gif Katie discovered some out-of-the-box cat poop before I did this morning, and helped herself to a little pre-breakfast snack. dry.gif

It's post-breakfast, and she's obviously not too happy with the resulting mixture. Any suggestions to help settle her stomach? Or, on the other hand, should I just let the bad associations simmer, as it were? cool.gif It can't do her any lasting harm, right? The cats aren't on any medication that would cause her to react.

withstupid.gif

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

No harm unless lots of kitty litter consumed. This won't be the last! My guys think the litter box is their personal vending machine

Thanks. That was my sense, too. No cat litter was consumed, since the cat had pooped on the RUG! rolleyes.gif

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Fresh cat poop has always been a doggie delicacy around here with cat puke running a close second. I did learn that if they throw up the cat poop....it smells indescribably bad.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Just don't let her kiss you.

... puke.gif

My past poop-eater, the nonetheless deeply missed Wabi, taught me that one without asking if I needed the lesson! :lol

Fresh cat poop has always been a doggie delicacy around here with cat puke running a close second. I did learn that if they throw up the cat poop....it smells indescribably bad.

repuke.gif

This, too, I have learned! :P

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest BlueCrab

Cat poo was a delicacy in our house, too, particularly with our bridge boy Duke. He ate it right out of the box, litter and all (we tried tried tried tried tried a thousand different ways to keep him out of there). Never seemed to make him blink. Thank goodness our current pack doesn't seem interested.

Ah, yes! All the barriers and box re-designs! :rolleyes:

We're using large plastic containers with lids, and a hole cut in the side. If we put the hole either up about 8" from the wall, or under an overhanging bookshelf, that seems to work for everyone. Provided there isn't much spill.

I saw this great cabinet re-do on Instructables, I think. I can't find the same one, now. It had it all covered: keeping the litter box out of reach, the opening out of reach (to dogs), and a place to collect the inevitable tracked litter before it gets to the floor. Might have to do that, one of these days!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

wasn't sure if "kinda pukey" referred to you or her :lol

:lol Yeah, both of us, to be accurate!

Luckily, things seem to have settled on their own. Thank goodness! rolleyes.gif

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest BlueCrab

Ah, yes! All the barriers and box re-designs! :rolleyes:

We're using large plastic containers with lids, and a hole cut in the side. If we put the hole either up about 8" from the wall, or under an overhanging bookshelf, that seems to work for everyone. Provided there isn't much spill.

We finally landed on the same idea of the bin with the hole cut in the side. Also helped wih the cat who didn't squat to pee. Lazy sonofagun.

We once tried tying the bathroom door shut with a string so it would only open a couple inches for the cats to squeeze in. Duke managed to get in, but then shut the door behind him. He panicked, poor guy, but then proceeded to go nuts for the next couple hours. Tried to dig his way out, and of course DH had only just painted that bathroom a couple months before. Duke tore a hole in the door, tore up all the walls up to about 4 feet, overturned the litter box so litter was everywhere, and he was so sweaty and panting so much that the bathroom turned into a sauna so all the cat litter solidified. He managed to get liquid soap and shampoo off the counters, etc and overturned them as well. It was a horror when we found it. One of those things you couldn't make up, though. You would never believe that a single dog had absolutely destroyed the room.

All because of cat poo. And no, it didn't break him of the habit.

I'm not sure why it would make her feel ill at all...

I have two litter boxes in my condo--they're both the covered variety with the entrance. George has never even tried to get to them, nor did my other dog. I think if your dog is determined, it's very hard to keep them away. But not all dogs have any interest. Even when I find one of those rock hard, dry poops on the carpet, George doesn't touch it. Kitty barf is another story, and is apparently quite a delicacy...

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Carolyn! Yikes! That sounds like a nightmare! Poor Duke and you guys! Not to mention, the whole time the cat box was out of commission! ;)

We actually cut a cat door in our bedroom door. The cats can come and go during the day, and the dogs can't get in there, then it switches at night. We've been "blessed" with all of our dogs, ever, being happy to eat cat poop. *sigh* Lucky you, Susan!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest sirsmom

Not sure what the attraction is but I've had 9 dogs over the years that thought it was the best treat! I've never had a problem afterward but I worried about tapeworms.