Rocko

jaym1

I adopted this giant, happy, lumbering affection sponge on Friday. My first, Tempo, was unhappy being left alone. So far, it's working well. Rocko has instantly adapted to his new home. Tempo isn't completely at ease when left alone with him, as he had been when left alone with other greys, but I will assume it's because he doesn't see Rocko as a confident member of the pack. He no longer barks and runs around when left alone, though -- just whines ones or twice and takes longer to get settled.

Rocko is unbelievably friendly. The only concern so far is that he doesn't seem to be aware of his size. He is a gigantic greyhound, and he gets very excited and can really throw his weight around. His coat right now is horrendous, but with some good quality food and a stable life, it should eventually become healthier and shiny.

6933903214_dfc4cf72a0_z.jpg6933903598_af42ae15b1_z.jpg7079976941_1712070146_z.jpg7079977655_0ddc008f3e_z.jpg6933903458_fc27b6a104_z.jpg

7079934187_bb909f68de_o.gif

Edited by jaym1

it seems that they are both fine while i'm away at work. heres their web cam

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/rustytempo

for a while i was concerned that they had both died or something, but i think its just the warm weather that has made them even lazier than they had been (which is quite an accomplishment). at this point its half past noon and theyve barely moved all day. i might get optimistic and see if i can stretch this until i get home at 4.

They look pretty content on the web cam. :lol

Oh, Rocko woke up. Turned around and back to sleep. All is well.

Edited by PattyE

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Hey, is this the boy from Greyhound Options???? Sure looks like it! :colgate I've been adopting from them for years and am currently fostering Dancer. Rocko is sooo handsome!

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Hey, is this the boy from Greyhound Options???? Sure looks like it! :colgate I've been adopting from them for years and am currently fostering Dancer. Rocko is sooo handsome!

he is! came home with me last friday. so far he is pretty much a perfect match and, aside from some predictable digestion problems and the fact that he feels the need to joyfully stick his face directly into anything and everything that happens within 50 ft of him, he is an ideal dog.

The irony of this is that as I was reading about his personality, I was thinking of my JJ....and then I read that Rocko had a connection to Dancer.....who looks like an older version of JJ.....

Good luck with that big loving boy.....I always say that there is NOTHING that JJ doesn't take on with gusto!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

The irony of this is that as I was reading about his personality, I was thinking of my JJ....and then I read that Rocko had a connection to Dancer.....who looks like an older version of JJ.....

He does look like JJ! And Dancer is going to live with Mom2Shiloh in RI :colgate

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I love happy endings, he looks like he fits right in , congratulations :)

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

He's great! I'm still boggled that you have all those musical instruments around at dog-level. :P Hope none of them gets bashed during one of his bull-in-a-china-shop moments! :lol

My eyes are still recovering from that last pic! eek.giflol.gif

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

you know, i've thought about that too. tempo has never touched any of them. he's also never chewed anything he wasnt supposed to (and he could very easily do so), and he somehow figured out what he is allowed to chew on seemingly by magic. so far, rocko has been the same way. to be fair, theyre not exactly world-beaters when it comes to play time, so i think they just cant be bothered. this is pretty much what they prefer to do all day every day.

6943162892_8b1593eccd_z.jpg