Update On Dreamy

Dreamy is moving much better. Back to bringing a stuffy to the door when she goes out (still leash walking her). She went back for her recheck today. She still yelps if pressed on in the area between her shoulders. :(

She has lost 8lbs in less than a month :( even though she is eating really well, actually with the pred she is eating better. She used to leave half of her breakfast now she eats all of it.

Totally unrelated she has a staff infection on her belly, noticed a couple of spots and they checked them out.

They drew blood to run some tests to see if we can find out why she is losing weight.

Dreamy stays on the pred and tramadol. Now she has antibiotics for the staff infection.

This girl is working really hard to worry me. But she sure is enjoying all her vet visits :rolleyes: it's a good thing she loves to go.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

The pred could be what's causing the weight loss. Happens to a lot of greyhounds on pred. Steroids also suppress the immune system, so her skin infection could be related to that as well. What dose of pred is she on, and are there plans to taper down/off?

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

All paws crossed here for your beautiful girl. I really like her name.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

The pred could be what's causing the weight loss. Happens to a lot of greyhounds on pred. Steroids also suppress the immune system, so her skin infection could be related to that as well. What dose of pred is she on, and are there plans to taper down/off?

Skin infection was there before the back problem. I had noticed the red spots but thought they would go away. They didn't so I had them checked out today. Her pred has been tapered down. The plan is to keep her on this low dose for a now.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

No advice, just best thoughts for your sweet pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.