What Do You Think?

Guest verthib

Guest verthib

I just saw this yesterday on Angus. It's under his right front leg in the crease/armpit. Does anyone think this could be ring worm? Or does it just look lik a rash? Not sure what could cause it. I do use Downy on their clothes because in the winter I hate static. But I've been using Downy for two months. The only other thing that's newly different is he's on half RR lamb and rice limited ingredient food and half Natural Balance (his old food). Could it be the new food (RR)? There doesn't appear to be the typical allergins in it (corn, wheat, soy, etc). Any thoughts? Thanks! (two photos below)

gallery_24136_3375_57782.jpg

gallery_24136_3375_63726.jpg

Guest verthib

So should I just keep with the new food regimen and see if it goes away? I was going to just stop the new food mix-in, but maybe I'll wait.

Edited by verthib

Guest verthib

Does Angus wear a harness??

No he doesn't. And it seems that it might not be a bruise because there are little red areas/spots all around the primarily red area.

Edited by verthib

Is it itchy?

Hot?

Flaky?

I'd just put a little CS/Aloe on it and keep an eye on it.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest verthib

Is it itchy?

Hot?

Flaky?

I'd just put a little CS/Aloe on it and keep an eye on it.

It seems to be slightly itchy. He takes his back leg and tries to itch it but I've only seen him do it a few times. I have a nanny cam and I have been looking at him all day and haven't seen him itch. Though I did put cortisone cream on it to help with any itching and/or inflammation. It doesn't feel hot, and it wasn't particularly dry or flaky. It's SO strange looking!

Guest verthib

Could Grace have accidentally stepped on him? Bu gets bruises that look like that in the car when the other dogs step on him. Or he could have scratched it and now it's healing so a bit itchy again. I'd just keep an eye on it for now.

That could be, or I just thought of something... On Tuesday we went to the dog park and he was playing pretty rough with some other dogs and running through trees, etc. Perhaps it's an irritation.

I've had a dog get something similar from the harness she wore in the car. I've also had dogs get marks like that if they got hung up on a leash and they were moving fast or pulling hard--as if that bit of skin got pinched and folded by the leash.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)