Pork

Guest Iceman41

No cooked bones! pork or otherwise, but pork meat should be fine. Some dogs find it too rich, so start small. Mine are raw fed, and get (raw) pork a couple of times a month. More often sometimes gives loose poop.

edited to add, I have one who will do ANYTHING for a bite of bacon :lol

Edited by Remolacha

Guest BrianRke

I only give mine pork in small doses, like a couple bites of bacon, a small bite of pork chop or ham. Pork or any fatty meat has been linked to pancreatitis.

Depends what country your in. ;) if your in the USA there shouldn't be an issue with raw pork. I think trichinosis is still an issue in sooner countries and should not be fed raw. Never feed any cooked bones.

Also there are some salmon that shouldn't bee feed raw. Pnw I believe. And bear meat should never be feed raw but I forget why... Lol

*be fed

Darn auto correct on the phone

------

Jessica

I guess every dog's system is different, but Lydia can't have ANY pork! I know this because she counter surfed half a ham sandwich right before we left for Gettysburg last year and barfed the entire week-end. Then came the diarrhea. Then the vet visit for fluids, etc. She's been fine since, but ham sandwiches are guarded more closely than gold around here.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I feed raw and pork is a staple for their breakfasts along with beef heart and any game I can get. Mine don't seem to have any issue with it.

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest KennelMom

Ours get a little from time to time- usually raw unless it's from a human meal leftover...we'd feed it more but it's expensive. If the dog isn't used to a higher fat diet, avoid fatty things like bacon (that goes for any kind of meat though). Trichinosis is pretty well eliminated in this country in commercially produced pork...most cases stem from eating raw/undercooked wild game.

Guest BlueCrab

edited to add, I have one who will do ANYTHING for a bite of bacon :lol

We don't give pork here, but we have a cat that will steal frying bacon right out of the pan - sizzling hot. So bacon is a closely guarded deal in our house! :lol

Guest SupersMom

If Sammi even has one taste of any pork product, Homeland Security is at the door inquiring about our weapon of biological warfare. Her gas will dissolve paint, disintegrate your nose hairs and melt your eyeballs. :blink:

I think I've found my girl's twin. Except hers isn't pork driven. It's anything else if we've run out of yogurt. If normal dogs can clear a room, Super can take out a city block.

Edited by SupersMom

Mine haven't had a problem with it so far though it's usually in smaller amounts than an entire meal. They've gotten it in various forms. A fave for training treats is leftover pulled pork from my barbeque sandwiches.