Clams

Guest BlackandTan

Guest GreyGary91806

I know Ive seen someone on here get a present that included clams in it. I want to give the boys a nice christmas dinner tomorrown are they safe to give>>??

I believe clams are too rich for dogs, but have not really given any to the greys, but my dachshunds always got sick (throwing up) from them. they greys do tolerate chowder, but that is just licking out bowls. Not whole ones.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

I doubt one or two clams is going to hurt them. But we don't do fish here, nor special dinners. My dogs ate the same old crap for dinner and loved it like always. :rofl :rofl

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I have an app on my phone that lists foods and whether they are appropriate/healthy/dangerous for dogs. This is what I found under 'clams':

"Clam meat is fine to feed your dog as long as it is plain and fed in small amounts the first time to test for any allergic reactions. Do not feed your dog clam chowder as it has a whole host of ingredients that can make your pup sick."

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.