Combination Of Symptoms - Panting, Coughing

BauersMom

She has a mass on her aorta, and none of the options are good. We're saying goodbye tonight. :(

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest newbee

So sorry to read the diagnosis. My heart aches for you. This is a very difficult decision, but sometimes the only one that can be made.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Gentle hugs to all of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am sorry to read this diagnosis. Prayers will be going out to you this evening. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thanks, all. Certainly not the ending I thought it was going to be when I posted this. I started a Remembrance thread, way too soon to have to be there after Princess' passing this year.

She had blood in her chest - and she was still actively hemorrhaging. The ultrasound showed some sort of abnormality with the aorta, though they couldn't say exactly what. It was likely a cancerous-something, but they also suspected an aneurysm. The vet wanted to do a CT scan to determine exactly what it was - but since I had taken surgery off the table, it really didn't matter what it was.

The vet had a hard time with this - couldn't understand why I didn't want to do every last test to know "for sure". It was either something that was unfixable or it was fixable by surgery. And the surgery that they would want to do to "fix" the probelm on/near her heart would have required either breaking her ribs or opening her sternum and I wasn't about to do that with a 12yo (or, really, any age dog, I think).

I'm comfortable with my decision. But my heart is shattered. She was so lively and full of such spunk, it was hard to see her today so not herself.

Edited by BauersMom

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Please don't question anything you've done, Emma, everything you did for Ivy was b/c you love her. I'm so sorry for you guys. :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.