I Have A Polar Bear!

heartdogs

Traveler has not been eating, I've had to force food into him so yesterday the older vet started him on B12 shots & the change was quick. At bedtime I looked down at Traveler where he'd come inside & stretched out & his head was swoller so much he looked like a polar bear! This morning he is still swollen across the muzzle but you can see his bright dark eyes & he did eat breakfast without help so when the vet called to check on him he told me to give him 5mg of Clartin & call bak around noon to see how things are going. Right now Traveler is doing what greys do best, taking an after breakfast nap & breathing better. It's funny that when I came into the room with the B12 shot Noelle had to run over tobe next to Traveler as he got the shot just like he stands next to her when she gets her insulin. Like so many Traveler can still use any spare good thoughts you may have. Thanks

Could he have dental issues? Keep us posted. Good thoughts coming your way.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

B Vitamins are great. Our cat with kidney disease gets them and they've really helped with her appetite and energy. Sending more good thoughts Traveler's way.

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Yes, he needs a dental but I'm afraid he has bit by something last night or it is a reaction to his heart/kidney issues. I'm waiting for the vet to get back from lunch to let him know how things are going. Traveler did eat lunch without me having to spoon feed him so I know he feels a little better.

Well my polar bear got 3 shots & I was told he may be a little sleepy but when we came home he ate cottage cheese & chicken & is standing behind me. His face looks a little better so hopefully the swelling will all be gone tomorrow. His heart & lungs sounded good this time so maybe we've turned the corner. Traveler says thankyou for all the good thoughts.

Guest greyhoundgirl1

What a roller coaster! Poor baby and poor you. Keep your spirits up, perhaps you are headed out of this nightmare. We're all thinking of you and Traveler. :bighug

Edited by greyhoundgirl1

Wow! You guys have been through a lot! Hope this is the turning point toward getting back to normal. Sending prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Glad he's feeling better. Hope he continues to improve quickly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)