Bouncing Off The Walls

Guest BrindleBoy

Guest BrindleBoy

Yesterday I gave Indy his monthly Interceptor & Frontline. Both yesterday & today he has been bouncing off the walls! Very rambunctious, much more so than usual. I see some people report lethargy from Frontline, but this is the opposite! Anyone have any side effects from Frontline? What little digging I have done already has me thinking I should switch to something else...

Gracie hates any kind of spot-on flea product. You'd think I set her on fire. I had to use Dawn detergent to get it off.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

If the weather just turned colder where you are as it has where I am, I think it's much more likely to be that. Fall crazies have begun here for sure.... :crazy:bounce1

Tons of people here use Frontline (myself included) without problems.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest avadogner

My hounds get goofy while the topical is wet the first day. Augie really gets crazy. He acts like it itches or something. It has been a really bad flea summer and Augie is constantly attacking his tail and feet. He is a goofy dog anyway. I don't think it stings because Ava has very sensitive skin and allergies and does OK with it. I imagine it is like I get butter or oil on my hands when cooking. It just feelsannoying and I want to wash/rub it off.

-alicia

I don't ever give George both the same day--well, I use Heartgard Plus--but I don't like to introduce both heartworm and flea/tick on the same day.

If it is a reaction to the topical, it doesn't sound like a really NEGATIVE one. I haven't noticed any such behavior (either lethargy or extra activity) but the Heartgard does give George soft poop for a day.

Edited by GeorgeofNE

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

"Fall crazies"??? Really? Please elaborate! (this is our 1st Fall with a dog...)

Because the temperatures go down and the dogs can be outside, they just go nuts, running and playing. Around here it starts inside first and I end up putting them outside because they're running all over the house banging into things, grabbing the pillows off the couch and throwing them and playing with each other so it's outside they go to burn off all that energy. That's what we call the "fall crazies". :lol It happens again in the spring after a long cold winter cooped up in the house. :lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Basically, get ready for your hound to have a good bit more energy in the cooler weather than he did when it was hot out! It will level off eventually, but on the first cool invigorating days he is likely to be pretty much nuts with energy and desire to run and be a goof.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

"Fall crazies"??? Really? Please elaborate! (this is our 1st Fall with a dog...)

Because the temperatures go down and the dogs can be outside, they just go nuts, running and playing. Around here it starts inside first and I end up putting them outside because they're running all over the house banging into things, grabbing the pillows off the couch and throwing them and playing with each other so it's outside they go to burn off all that energy. That's what we call the "fall crazies". :lol It happens again in the spring after a long cold winter cooped up in the house. :lol

ditto, wait until it snows...then the fun really starts :rolleyes::gh_bow:gh_bow:gh_run:gh_runner:gh_run:gh_bow

Guest BrindleBoy

Thanks everybody! Definitely sounds like it's the "fall crazies". I STILL don't like what I have read about Frontline tho... going to look for an alternative.

What are you reading about Frontline? There is a lot of b.s. out there. It's an exceptionally safe insecticide for mammals.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BrindleBoy

What are you reading about Frontline? There is a lot of b.s. out there. It's an exceptionally safe insecticide for mammals.

That it can act on the brain; that it can have neurological side effects.

http://christophervinson.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/frontline-plus-side-effects-what-to-look-for-in-your-pet-1344789.html

And, while I understand you can't trust everything you read on the internet, I also wholeheartedly believe you can't trust everything the pharma companies tell you either.

I don't use Frontline, or any other chemical flea treatment, regularly anymore. In one of my greys, it triggered an increase in frequency of her partial seizures, and in the other it caused irritation/anxiety to the extent that he would not lie down for hours after it was applied. These days, I would only use it on an as needed basis.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting