Oh My Gosh Buzz - Really?

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I wasn't sure if I should put this in health or food. :blink: But I had to share this because only other Greyhound owners can (hopefully) relate.

This morning Buzz was pacing around and I had let him out several times. He would come back in and then couldn't seem to find somewhere that was comfortable for him so I finally made Emmy move off her bed to see if that's the bed Buzz wanted. It wasn't. He wasn't acting sick or anything but I knew something was "off". A bit later when it was finally light out, I went outside to my back yard with Emmy & Buzz, to clean up dog doo. I was making my way around my yard and Buzz was busy just checking out the yard then he goes down the side of the house where the dog door and back gate is so I figure he's going in the house and not waiting for me to finish.

Well..... I went over to the side of the house because I keep my poop supplies there and there was this pile of "something" that Buzz had regurgitated. I knew from a distance that it was bad.... I got a closer look and it was intestines with the stomach attached. Very small set. Of course I almost lost my cookies on that one. :puke So apparently Buzz ate something, maybe a bird or rat, I have NO idea what as I didn't find any remains either outside or inside (thankfully), and it wasn't sitting well with his own stomach. After that he was just his normal old happy self but more settled. I then left for work. I'm hoping he will be alright but he honestly didn't appear distressed at all.

Ugh! The finer points of living with a high prey drive dog! And living by myself, I get to take care of the aftermath! :omg

Have you thought about a muzzle cup for him. Mine wear them when they go outside to protect nature. It gives the other 4 legged fur things time to get away.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I can TOTALLY relate! Just this morning we had a similar situation.

Got up early, before daybreak, took the boys for walkabout....they always have to check all peemail spots & snuffle along.

On the way home, just getting light enough to see, Desi starts heaving, so we stop to let him yack it up (I thought maybe he'd

eaten some grass; when it's dark you just can't tell).

After the attractive heaving & whatever it was came up, I thought....that's more than stomach juice & grass....bent over to take a

closer look; what do I see but a perfectly formed small turd (looked to be from a small dog) now covered in slime & stomach juice.

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK. And of course it's right on the sidewalk, so I had to use a trusty poopbag to pick it up.

No kisses for the Desi man today.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

eeeww! :puke do you have roof rats in your area?

Yes! I have a rat problem because of my citrus. Emmy is usually my ratter but she doesn't eat her kill. I caught Buzz one other time grabbing Emmy's rat and trying to eat it so I'm sure that's what happened today.... ewwwww!