Weed Control Ideas For Turnout

Guest bubbagum

Guest bubbagum

I apologize if this has already been covered, but am wondering what to use on weeds that won't hurt the dogs. They're taking over...the weeds, that is! :rolleyes:

Guest KennelMom

Get a goat.

I was gonna say that :)

i saw someone on craigslist that would rent out their goats by the day for weed/grass control :lol

Walmart has a safe weedkiller for children and pets. It has natural ingredients and really works! Smells good too! Don't know the name of if because I just used the last of it and threw it away. Need to get more.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Guest bubbagum

this site has some good suggestions. I've found the vinegar works pretty well in small areas.

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/organic/homemade-pet-friendly-weed-killer.htm

I've bought a local weed killer that's supposed to be pet safe that uses clove oil and orange oil. It works well, too

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check out the website listed as well.

I had to laugh at the "get a goat" suggestion. Not in the cards!

I HIGHLY recommend a Weed Hound (appropriately named!): Link

It is really, really addictive once you get going. It's the only way I get big clumps of crabgrass out of the ground without making myself nuts.

I've been loaning mine out to coworkers, both of whom brought the thing back saying they had to rip it out of their SOs' hands so that other chores around the house could get done :lol

Looks like they discontinued the particular model I love -- haven't tried the new (yellow) version. For what it's worth, I like the regular green Weed Hound more than the green Weed Hound Elite that they've been selling more recently.

Guest Profgumby

Get a goat.

nah, Beauty might attack it and I might eat it....sorry if that sounds rough, but did you ever have Curried Goat?

As to the wees I pull 'em. There are not that many as of yet and between pulling, mowing and weed whacking they are staying in check...and I am still mourning the loss of my green grassy yard to worry too much about weeds...

Edited by Profgumby