Bella

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Glad she's so much better! What happy news.

I don't have any experience with the not-eating situation, but just to throw in one more suggestion since no one else has made it -- Hill's A/D? It's designed for animals recovering from illness, and is supposed to be nearly irresistible, as well as densely nutritious. Also very squishy and easy to force-feed if you need to. I've used it for cats before.

The mobile vet did give us a few cans of some Royal Canin Recovery RS which she said was right along the lines of the Hills A/D. So that is what she got last night for dinner. One 5.8oz can.

It wasn't eaten willingly but it did go down the hatch ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mobile vet did suggest Pepcid but not the Pepcid AC, which I couldn't find just plain Pepcid at the drugstore :(

I don't think there's a plain Pepcid. I believe it's just Pepcid AC which is fine as long as the only active ingredient is famotidine. Or you can just use the generic famotidine.

I hope Bella continues to improve and that her appetite returns to normal soon!

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Thanks Jennifer. I was thinking I had never seen something that just said Pepcid. I do have the normal Pepcid AC and will double check the ingredients to be sure that famotidine is the only active ingredient.

Force fed again today and tonight :( Fingers crossed tomorrow is the day. Seems I keep saying that. :(

How did Bella do yesterday? Her not eating has got me really worried for her. Ozzy stopped eating when when his problem started. I sure hope it's not anything worse than Vestibular and her appetite returns soon. One thing I tried with Ozzy was warm Arby's Roast beef. He practically took my fingers off snapping it up as I fed it to him. I know it's not the greatest because of the salt content, but maybe it would be one more thing to stimulate her appetite. Anna could also get him to eat ground beef freshly cooked from a skillet. He wouldn't touch it though if it was re-warmed.

just seeing this now :( :( :( hope Bella is improving and starting to eat! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Heather's pretty busy. The last update I got yesterday is that Bella is still not eating and Heather was thinking of calling the vet to come back and put her on a drip with maybe some vitamin B. I haven't heard anything since yesterday.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee