Hello (Back Again!) From New Brunswick, Canada

Guest rjleaman

Guest rjleaman

Embarrassed to admit I've been away from greytalk for so long, my old account got erased; I'm guessing it was probably when free email providers got disallowed. No biggie...

Hi (again), everyone! :colgate

I'm sad to report that my beloved Casey went to the Rainbow Bridge last summer. His racing name was BB's Fly Catcher, DOB 26 July 1999, by Wigwam Hoss out of BB's Talent Lady, and he came to me from the Wonderland track in Massachusetts, now closed.)

After fostering a bit (great way to heal a heart, by the way) with GPAC.ca, I adopted a huge black male last November, then did a classic "foster fail" adoption of a dainty black female at Easter time. So, both greyhounds retired up here to Atlantic Canada from Sanford-Orlando in the winter, and geewhiz, they weren't too impressed with our weather at first!!

Fire Zone (I kept her racing name because it suits the little spitfire so well!) is a 55-lb black female, smart and quick and quite high-drive; I'm already planning her career in agility and Rally-O. She's kind of a special girl, a bit needy and very vocal, but I haven't laughed so much in years... her ears are hilarious.

Bear (formerly Kiowa Boyd Barry) is a classic "gentle giant" 100-pound couch potato of incredible patience and sweetness - this dog is double bombproof. But no one recognizes him right off as a greyhound, until they see his nice waistline; he is often mistaken for a Labrador/greyhound cross or a Great Dane pup from a distance, or people have to ask his breed.

She revs him up & he calms her down -

it's a match made in retired-greyhound heaven! :)

Edited by rjleaman

Guest rjleaman

Hi! :wave And where are the pictures? I believe there are :rules here!

Oops, oops, i was so busy editing my "deathless prose" I forgot all about pictures... I'll get right on that!

Meanwhile, you can see a little one on my profile page if I haven't screwed it up (still learning the changes here)

Ah good, looks like it worked - here's me out for a walk with the two greys and my 15-year-old golden rtr. photo-23077.jpg

Edited by rjleaman

Welcome back! Both your pups are beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you in NB? We've been looking for the past year to move down that way and haven't been able to find what we are looking for.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome back! Gorgeous pups.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest rjleaman

Welcome back! Both your pups are beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you in NB? We've been looking for the past year to move down that way and haven't been able to find what we are looking for.

We're in Keswick Ridge, about a half-hour upriver of Fredericton. Gorgeous area!

Guest rjleaman

p.s. here's a picture of my late lamented Casey, as mentioned in my opening post above.

This was when he first started obedience training - "sit" was his very best thing! He went on to enjoy Rally-Obedience trials...

and I'm hoping Fire Zone will turn out to be a keen participant in some kind of dog sports as well.

Bear's skills seem to lie more in the area of "companion dog" and couch warmer. :)

greyhound.jpg

Casey 1999-2010

Guest rjleaman

Hello from Long Island, NY. Your pups are gorgeous. Glad to see their photos and that you followed the rules!!!

Thank you, FreddyGirl and everyone else kind enough to welcome me back. :)

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to share a link to the Rules?

I've looked all over the forum and can't seem to find them, just guidelines about signatures and such in the technical section.

It was not my intention to break any rules - honestly! I didn't know it wasn't allowed to introduce myself without putting in photos, and I didn't have a link to put in the photo-posting thingummie... Sorry! :blush But now I've got a couple medical questions I'd like to ask over in that section, but sort of afraid of doing something else wrong... so, if someone could point me to the rules so I don't break any more of them in future, I'd be very grateful indeed!

Thanks!

Guest hannahmom

Welcome back from anither GPAC Girl :). I'm just outside Truro, NS.

I think the talk about the rules is a gentle teasing way to ask for pics of your beautiful houndies. The only real rules are the TOS you read when you joined.

:D

Tena

Guest rjleaman

Welcome back from anither GPAC Girl :). I'm just outside Truro, NS.

I think the talk about the rules is a gentle teasing way to ask for pics of your beautiful houndies. The only real rules are the TOS you read when you joined.

:D

Tena

Whew! :colgate Thanks for clearing that up for me, Tena - and for the nice Maritime welcome.

Yes, my two sweeties are both GPAC dogs. (My first grey came through MGAP.) Jeanette is brilliant at matching up dogs and owners: I adopted Bear before I even saw him, on her recommendations, and Fire Zone was a delightful Foster Fail. I'd love to get down to Musquadoboit Harbour for Hound Day one of these times, but, you know... it's a long ride... and I'd probably just come home with yet another dog! :rolleyes: