Metamucil

I want to try the metamucil for lexie. I know some of u give the wafers..do i give a whole or 1/2 of one? Lexie doesn't drink a lot of water till night time so is it safe to give her the wafer with her morning meal or when should i give it..ty..The probiotic seems to be helping her loose stools but I think she needs something along to help her so I thought i would try the meta..ty for all helpful suggestions( i just bought the wafers today but didn't give her any yet)

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

The ones we buy have 2 per package. I usually give one wafer broken into pieces, and have only given it when we need to help firm up runny poop . It's not something we give regularly.

Rocket thinks it's a cookie, so gobbles it down and thinks he scored a snack. I wouldn't give more than a half wafer or one wafer to start, since she is also in the probiotic.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

If you read the package it should tell you whether it needs to be taken with water.

If you are just looking for more fiber in the diet try adding cooked oatmeal into the food. You might also want to try and get a bag of Science diet light - and give a bit of that during the day as treats - it has quite a bit of fiber

http://www.hillspet.com/products/sd-canine-adult-light-large-breed-dry.html

so it is ok without water? lexie says if rocket liked em she will too :colgate

just now seeing this....yes - without water is fine. They have a cinnamon flavor - Rocket just thinks he scored an extra Ginger Snap...:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

ok so she had a half cinnamon wafer yesterday..she loved it...2 hours later...the best poop i have seen in a month!!!! wohooo. I think I will give her a half wafer once a day or a lil while..ty ty all...next..to change food but will give this wafer thing a week or so so I know whats working

I swear by The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form. Check out the ingredients on their website. Nothing worked for my afghan who has always had soft stools. I give him a small scoop a.m. and p.m. and within a day I saw the difference - the outcome was perfect form.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

ok so the last 2 days it's not working :(..we havent changed anything new

I swear by The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form. Check out the ingredients on their website. Nothing worked for my afghan who has always had soft stools. I give him a small scoop a.m. and p.m. and within a day I saw the difference - the outcome was perfect form.

i asked them to send me some samples..so I hope they send some soon..ty for the advice.