Olewo Carrots

Anyone tried this? I got a small sample. It looks like Bil Jac Dog Food, only orange.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

the pups love them! remember to soak well and then you can refridgate for a week or so, make sure there is a tad of water on the top of the soaked carrots. here is their web site http://olewocarrots.com/. i received some samples from a holistic suppliment supplier in ga. she raves about them, i'm too broke to do more than samples.

I don't see what these cost. Why can't the prices be posted with the products ( a rant of other sites also)?

Just go to the product site. Go to buy now to see the prices. If you don't want to buy, just back out of the window.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

This looks like a very interesting product. Am a fan of carrots myself & my dogs seem to love them. I will probably order a kilo to try.

One thing on their website struck me as unlikely to be true. They state, "Dogs will also not get the full benefit from cooked carrots because 60-80% of the vitamins and nutrients are lost during the cooking process." Decided to run a comparison of raw & cooked carrots. Don't know if anyone is interested in what I found but here it is anyway. Boiling carrots actually caused the available nutrient content to increase for as many nutrients as it decreased. Also, only two nutrients fell into the 60-80% loss category. Overall there was just a 12.7% loss of nutrients. The average difference from raw to boiled was just 4.9% decrease. Cooking changes nutritional value, but that does not always mean a decrease in available nutrient content. In fact, it is often the opposite. Pasted results below. (Post preview isn't displaying properly. Also attached a file with the chart in a legible format.)

Nutrient Analysis of Carrots *

6 ounces * Raw * Boiled * Increase or Decrease

Calories 73.1 76.6 3.4 4.70%

Pro (g) 1.7 1.9 0.2 10.00%

Fat (g) 0.3 0.3 0 0.00%

Carb (g) 17.2 17.9 0.7 4.00%

Fiber (g) 5.1 5.6 0.5 10.00%

Cal (mg) 45.9 52.7 6.8 14.80%

Iron (mg) 0.9 1 0.2 20.00%

Na (mg) 59.5 112.3 52.7 88.60%

Pot (mg) 549.4 386.1 -163.3 -29.70%

Phos (mg) 74.8 51 -23.8 -31.80%

Ash (g) 1.5 1.5 0 0.00%

vitA (IU) 47847.4 41766.4 -6081.1 -12.70%

vitC (mg) 15.8 3.9 -11.9 -75.30%

Thia (mg) 0.2 0.1 -0.1 -62.50%

Ribo (mg) 0.1 0.1 0 0.00%

Nia (mg) 1.6 0.9 -0.7 -44.90%

H2O % 87.8 87.4 -0.4 -0.50%

satF (g) 0.1 0.1 0 0.00%

monoF (g) 0 0 0 0.00%

polyF (g) 0.1 0.2 0 7.10%

Chol (mg) 0 0 0 0.00%

Average percent of increase/decrease -4.90%

# of nutrients analyzed: 20

# that increased: 7

# that decreased: 7

# with decreased greater than 50% 2

* Nutrient anlysis via NAT tool, U of IL

http://www.myfoodrecord.com/

• 3 years later...

I ordered a small bag of the Olewo Carrots and also the Olewo Red Beets and got them today. Princess loved them on her dinner! Will posted an update in a few weeks re: results.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown