Tripe

I think I read another post somewhere that tripe helps keep teeth clean. Anyone have any input on that. One of our dog food specialty stores is now selling it for $5.99 for two pounds. Cheaper than cans around here. It is fozen so I let it thaw in a container in the bottom of the fridge and scoop out what portion I need. :)

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest KennelMom

I know that it really does anything to clean teeth, per se. If feeding tripe, make sure it's green tripe and not the stuff that's been cleaned and bleached...not much nutritional value in that.

I have been feeding Trippett.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I have been feeding Trippett.

Finally found Trippett locally at a warehouse/distributor here in Rhode Island. EZ likes it better than the other brands - and I like it better because it doesn't have other additives - and since this is simply to encourage him to eat his kibble, that works out better. As far as teeth....well, EZ has horrible teeth - and I don't think the tripe has done much to change that! :blush

At least I'm not cooking it anymore - as some of you may remember from a thread I posted on Tripe!!! :lol

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I get it for 45 cents a lb but it does nothing for teeth. Lucky loves it but it smells so awful!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

You have a missing "h" on your subtitle and at first I read "does tripe keep feet clean?" :lol I've heard a lot of claims for the magical properties of tripe, but that was really a new one on me!

I have heard that the enzymes in tripe supposedly are good for cleaning teeth, but that may be a myth. And that claim would be more applicable to raw tripe than canned.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

OP are you talking about the off white stuff? If so it really has no nutritional value at all that I know of.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

You have a missing "h" on your subtitle and at first I read "does tripe keep feet clean?" :lol I've heard a lot of claims for the magical properties of tripe, but that was really a new one on me!

I have heard that the enzymes in tripe supposedly are good for cleaning teeth, but that may be a myth. And that claim would be more applicable to raw tripe than canned.

oops about the letter "h".

OP are you talking about the off white stuff? If so it really has no nutritional value at all that I know of.

No, this is Green Tripe from a specialty dog food store.

Persian Proverb

I doubt it will do anything to help clean teeth but they do usually love it. For teeth raw turkey necks, raw beef ribs and dried bully sticks seem to work best for my dogs.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I doubt it will do anything to help clean teeth but they do usually love it. For teeth raw turkey necks, raw beef ribs and dried bully sticks seem to work best for my dogs.

I feed bully sticks. Our local Wal Mart has quit selling the turkey necks darn it.

Persian Proverb

I feed bully sticks. Our local Wal Mart has quit selling the turkey necks darn it.

I take slabs of beef ribs and give each dog four or five for their evening meal. Works great for teeth.

siggie-7.jpg