Thunder

Guest Duke

The GEM store (Greyhounds of Eastern Michigan) sells them. Betcha if you contacted them, they could tell you if they work. I'm thinking of getting one for Summer and I wish I'd thought to get her one this weekend when I was down at The GEM Event.

Edit: I saw an anxious dog there, wearing its new thunder shirt. The owner said the dog's anxiety level dropped noticeably as soon as the shirt was put on. Interesting.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Several people in our group have bought them for their dogs and have stated that they have worked wonders for their greys and non greys. I just got one for Maddie for her SA when we travel. I got it on amazon (no shipping charge) got it today.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I think they have a money back guarantee. check out www.thundershirt.com and it tells you how to order the right size for your dog (this site they charge you 5.95 for shipping.)

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest Sunset123

I think they have a money back guarantee. check out www.thundershirt.com and it tells you how to order the right size for your dog (this site they charge you 5.95 for shipping.)

I bought one yesterday and I'm excited to try it out. I ordered mine from Amazon, but if you order it directly from thundershirt.com (for the same price) you can use a coupon code from free shipping: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/thundershirt.com

Guest IrskasMom

This is so cool. My Morty could careless about Thunderstorms. My Granddog Boomer (Cockapoo ) is a total Mess when it Rains/ Thunderstorms. He shakes uncontrollable and whimpers. :huh:huh:huh

Guest Duke

I bought one yesterday and I'm excited to try it out. I ordered mine from Amazon, but if you order it directly from thundershirt.com (for the same price) you can use a coupon code from free shipping: http://www.retailmen...hundershirt.com

thank you, I used the coupon code and the total came to $36. can't wait to try it out on my trembling boy.

please, let us know if it works...I am curious to try it on Tiana, but wouldn't want to waste my money...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest BrianRke

The Thunder Shirt did NOT work on my Diamond. If anything, it just added more stress. I know other people have had good results with it but unfortunatly it was just a waste of money for me.

The Thunder Shirt did NOT work on my Diamond. If anything, it just added more stress. I know other people have had good results with it but unfortunatly it was just a waste of money for me.

Some dogs do not do well with the Thundershirt. Consider donating to a local group or even offer to resell to someone here. I have bought three coats and I praise the difference it has made on mine. Both Maggie-Mae and Billy Bob react with panting, pacing, shaking with even the hint of thunder. The coats have taken their level of anxiety down to a bit of panting. Both are able to lay down and eventually go to sleep. Billy Bob gets nervous with all the noises at night so he sleeps in his most nights.

Smokey has started having some separation issues and he now wears a coat when we go out. We used to come home to him panting and an elevated body temp and now he meets us at the door with a stuffy in his mouth. So we have been fortunate that they do work for us.

One person I know how a coat with a metallic lining. Maybe that would work better if the dog is responding to the static in the air from the storm. She said it worked for one of her dogs but didn't help the other one.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Beryl (6greyhounds here on GT) made coats for my two thunderphobes. All I can tell you is there has been an extreme calming effect during storms when the boys are wearing them. Thank you, B :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest d0ggiem0mma

ThunderShirt has been a HUGE help for my Maggie. She goes from drooling, whining, shaking, barking, and pacing to actually laying in her bed. She still pants, but the rest of the behaviors disappear or improve greatly. It's not a CURE but it is one tool we use. We also supplement with Xanax when we know the storm is coming in advance.

It's definitely worth a try though- the company offers a 60 day money-back guarantee! Any returned shirts are donated to shelters & rescues.

Guest BrianRke

Some dogs do not do well with the Thundershirt. Consider donating to a local group or even offer to resell to someone here. I have bought three coats and I praise the difference it has made on mine. Both Maggie-Mae and Billy Bob react with panting, pacing, shaking with even the hint of thunder. The coats have taken their level of anxiety down to a bit of panting. Both are able to lay down and eventually go to sleep. Billy Bob gets nervous with all the noises at night so he sleeps in his most nights.

Smokey has started having some separation issues and he now wears a coat when we go out. We used to come home to him panting and an elevated body temp and now he meets us at the door with a stuffy in his mouth. So we have been fortunate that they do work for us.

One person I know how a coat with a metallic lining. Maybe that would work better if the dog is responding to the static in the air from the storm. She said it worked for one of her dogs but didn't help the other one.

I donated it yesterday to my vet clinic. They told me they knew of someone that could use it but couldnt afford it. So as it turns out, it wasnt a waste of money after all.

Beryl (6greyhounds here on GT) made coats for my two thunderphobes. All I can tell you is there has been an extreme calming effect during storms when the boys are wearing them. Thank you, B :kiss2

you are very welcome {J} glad it helped your thunderphobes out - give them a hugs from Auntie Beryl and let me know if you need anymore

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest freightsmom

I bought one yesterday and I'm excited to try it out. I ordered mine from Amazon, but if you order it directly from thundershirt.com (for the same price) you can use a coupon code from free shipping: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/thundershirt.com

Thanks for coupon notice! I decided we've tried all the meds on poor Cruise and so far nothing has worked, might as well try the Thundershirt. Will give a report on his anxieties and how the shirt works for him. Cross your paws!

Never tried the thundershirt, but we had about 3 firecrackers go off while we were on our walk tonight. It happened Saturday night too and he was a total wreck for hours. I put his running coat on because I can cinch it up nice and snug. Just put that on him about 2 minutes ago and he's stopped panting and has his head down. He's also wearing his DAP collar, but that didn't seem to help much in the heat of the moment. My guess is that the thundershirt could work quite well for certain dogs. I'm going to look into it.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Guest K9Cookies

I just ordered a ThunderShirt for Fixer. He's become a total basketcase during thunderstorms, and we've had a ton of storms already this Spring. I'll let you all know how it works with him. We also used the coupon code for free shipping directly from the website. :)

I just ordered one for Sierra, my 10 almost 11 year old grey girl. She is terrified of thunder and rain storms. I felt it was worth the try at least since it has a money back return policy. I can't wait to get it to try it out and see if she gets some relief.

Edited by stlgrey