Doc (Ctw Fort Sumpter) 11/4/1999 – 5/11/11

FountainLady

He was a Very Special Boy..... I am very Sorry! :grouphug :grouphug Beautiful Tribute!

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mom2Melanie

Thank you for opening your home and heart to Doc. I'm so glad he had the time he did with a loving family. Run free at the bridge sweet boy! :brokenheart

Wow- what a horrible life he had until he met the wonderful greyhound group and you. I had no idea that greyhounds who are blood donors are treated like that. It is not right, not right at all. You gave him a fabulous end of life and while it wasn't long enough he was able to leave this earth knowing what true love and compassion is. You gave him the greatest gift of all- a family to call his own. He didn't know that life could be so sweet. God bless you for taking him in and making the ending of his story the best in the world. I know you would say that you got more from him than he did from you but you all won in the end. God bless Doc and may his memories give you comfort in the days ahead. Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses- Janice, Luka and Peace from Oak Lawn, Illinois

What a beautiful tribute. What a horrible early life he had to endure. :angry: The greatest day of his life was obviously the day someone walked him out of that animal "hospital".

And the greatest days of his life were every day he was blessed to spend with you. I'm sorry he didn't have more time with you, but I hope his memories will bring you comfort & peace.

Hope you've picked up your wings, :angelwings Doc, you certainly earned them handsome fellow!!!

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest Greyglo

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Doc.

He looks so completely content in your pictures and I hope that brings you peace.

:f_white Rest well, beautiful boy.

Guest FrostyBottoms

OMG, RIP Doc...Fortress is my Frosty's grandfather..it's no wonder you looked so much like my Frosty. Captive blood donar, UGH! So happy you had a loveing family to live out the rest of your life. Run free Doc....

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

What a wonderful tribute for a dog that cerainly had a troubled past. Thank you for being there for him - I am sure he enjoyed his life with your family to the fullest.

Edited by Snazzy_Chloe