Weird Bump/growth On Toe

I found this on Franny's toe a couple of weeks ago. It's very hard, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. I do have an appointment for her check-up on the 20th so I will make sure the vet looks at it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else's dog has had something ike this before.

Frannytoe.jpg

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I would say maybe a sebacious cyst except I haven't seen those with the black dot on top. I would have a vet check it out.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

My guess would be either an interdigital cyst or a hemangioma, which is a normally benign growth. I'd probably have an FNA done to be sure.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest EaglesMom

My Eagle (11.5 years old) developed one of these a couple of months ago in almost the exact spot. My vet said it was a growth that happens (similar to a wart) sometimes in older dogs and not to worry about it. How old is Franny?

I am anxious to see what your vet says.

My Eagle (11.5 years old) developed one of these a couple of months ago in almost the exact spot. My vet said it was a growth that happens (similar to a wart) sometimes in older dogs and not to worry about it. How old is Franny?

I am anxious to see what your vet says.

She just turned 7.

A couple of years ago Gracie had this:

DSC02257.jpg

It came up fast. Vet said it was a histiocytoma and we did not need to have it removed. He said it would go away on it's own in a few weeks and it did. It has also returned and departed, although never getting as big as it did the first time. It never bothered her at all. A friend's grey had one on her ear, another on the shoulder.

Bring your recent picture to the vet appointment you have on the 20th so you can note if there has been a change in size and color. Most likely benign but only your vet can decide that for sure.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

it does look like a histiocytoma. it could also be a mast cell tumor. histio is generally benign while mast cell is not. when you see the vet have them do a needle aspirate and check it under the microscope. a histio does not need to be removed but a mast cell does, with very wide margins.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest greytkidsmom

Kebo had one of these - the vet aspirated it and looked at the fluid under the microscope. It was a histocytoma. It disappeared within a week of being aspirated.

I think it's a histocytoma. It looks very much likes Gracie's does in the previous picture. This weekend though it got dark and started to bleed. I'm hoping that's the end of it and it will fall off or go away now. I will still have the vet look at it next week if it's still there.

Guest happygrey

Yes, Bentley had one last summer. We had it biopsied but the results came back inconclusive and shortly after the biopsy it resolved on its own. He's since had another similar one, which we also had examined by our vet, and it has resolved as well.

This is the thread I wrote about it here. The pics are now gone, but it looked just like the one you posted.

Edited by happygrey