Molly

Guest judechet

Guest judechet

My sweet Molly Love, I miss you so much but now you are free of pain.

I will never forget seeing you for the first time on Saturday, December 22, 2001. You were a few days short of being 12 years old and were fresh from the farm in Florida. I looked at you and almost cried as I thought you would certainly die within a matter of weeks.

I took you to the vet on Monday which was Christmas Eve. The vet also felt that you would not be with me long. You were in so much pain that you would not eat. We put you on antibiotics and I remember doing everything I could to get you to eat. You began to understand that I was falling in love with you and wanted to help you. You began to eat and started to get your strength back.

It took two months to get you to the point where you were strong enough to have surgery. You needed to be spayed. In addition, you needed serious dental work for you had never seen a vet before. Also, you had mammary cancer. You had several surgeries for you were not strong enough to have everything done at once. During the dental, the vet found an abscess pressing against your eye which also affected your jaw so that you could not chew without being in a lot of pain.

The cancer, thanks be to God, was benign. I will never forget the many hours I lay with you in the kennel as you were recovering to the point where I could take you home four days after the surgery.

You also had a stomach problem which we could never heal. You never complained. You were happy to be alive and to be loved at last.

There were several times I thought I was going to lose you during the next fifteen months but you always bounced back.

We had eighteen months together; eighteen wonderful months! I will never forget your loving eyes; the way my heart would melt when you looked so lovingly at me. Every time you bumped me with your nose, I felt the joy of your presence. I loved the moments, rare as they were, when you would have a sudden burst of energy, grab a stuffie, toss it, and run a few feet. During the last two months, you became more and more a velcro friend. I had the feeling that you knew that time was short and wanted to give and receive as much love as possible.

I cherish those eighteen months with you. They were more than I expected and much less than what I had prayed for. All the time, I wished and prayed that you would grow in health to the point where you would have some time without pain. That was not in God's plan and He is the only one who knows why.

But you are free of pain now, my Molly Love. As I held you in my arms and said goodbye, I remember telling you how much I loved you and saying that you will never have pain again. With your head in my lap, your spirit crossed the bridge and you are now in peace with your Creator. Your reward has come; a reward you so richly earned. God bless you, my sweet Love. I will see you again and what a day that will be!

What a wonderful greydad you are. Molly knew she was loved. My condolences :f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest CannonsMom

here i am crying on my birthday....my thoughts go out to you.....and what a wonderful 18months you both spent together. i know you are thankful for the time you had ...

sorry for your loss

Guest TorynUs

My sympathies to you. Molly couldn't have had it any better anywhere else, and I am sure she was thankful she ended up with you as her dad.

:f_pink:f_red:f_pink

Vince...What a beautiful and touching tribute to sweet Molly...I know she heard every word. :f_white:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What lovely memories you have of your sweet girl Molly! You know that across the bridge, she is pointing you out to all her friends and telling them what a fine daddy she had here. May her memory always bring a smile to your heart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss Vince. Molly was very lucky to have found her way to you. :f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:weep My heart goes out to you and I know that Molly is smiling down at you and will forever be with you in your heart. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Hattiemae

Vince, what a lovely tribute to your sweet Molly. She knew lots of love and happiness in the time she was with you. My heart goes out to you in your grief.