Howdy From Texas!

Guest ShadedGrey

Guest ShadedGrey

Hi! I just recently adopted my greyhound Becker on January 9th of this year. I'm kind of surprised to see such an extensive forum solely on greyhounds! It's absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to become more involved. He has settled in quite well and has adapted to my indoor stairs wonderfully. He was running up and down them by the second day... However, I live on the second floor of my condo, and a month later I still have to push him up the outdoor set. I'm guessing he hates that he can see underneath him (why in the world is the floor falling away?!) but he's improving slowly. I wish he would make the connection that they are one in the same!

Anyway... here's the little boy!

tumblr_lg6eccJGkd1qgxpvvo1_500.jpg

Becker's current favorite blanket happens to be my favorite oversized sweatshirt. I suppose he has good taste, huh?

tumblr_lfgvlimkVf1qgxpvvo1_500.jpg

He reminds me of a deer :)

tumblr_lg6evgzS9d1qgxpvvo1_500.jpg

And of course, his favorite sleeping position.

It's so gratifying finally adopting an ex-racer after over a year of research. I wonder how I didn't stumble upon this site sooner. Maybe my search wasn't as extensive as I thought. There's only so much web crawling you can do in between classes ;]

It's been a rough ride with the vet -- a little pomeranian decided to be an earring right before I had adopted him + he broke a tooth after finding a bone in a pile of rocks (which required a root canal. whew!) -- but Becker and I are becoming fast friends. :)

Hopefully I'll get some better pictures soon. My camera was stolen this past New Years... The phone and macbook will have to do for now. :)

Welcome from Plano :wave

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest lanielovesgreys

Not this weekend! It was so beautiful! Laika has been happy the snow melted so she can track mud into the house again. :) I am a bit scared to check the weather for next week though. Can't I just assume it'll be in the 60's all week?

Welcome and congratulations on your 1st Greyhound, he is a handsome boy and looks happy too!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Welcome from Waterloo...Becker is very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest katethegreyt

Why thank you :yay It's been cold in Texas lately, huh?

I know! At least this weekend was glorious over in our neck of the woods.

Welcome from Houston! Your guy is so handsome. I can see how these dogs are like Pringles... After you have one, you can't stop thinking about having another = )

Our brand new girl has gotten to wear her K9 Voyager coats (HIGHLY recommend) a LOT over the last couple of weeks. She gives me dirty looks whenver we go outside and the wind is gusting through the buildings downtown, but I live in an apartment, so we don't have a lot of bathroom break options, haha.

Edited by katethegreyt

Guest ShadedGrey

Not this weekend! It was so beautiful! Laika has been happy the snow melted so she can track mud into the house again. :) I am a bit scared to check the weather for next week though. Can't I just assume it'll be in the 60's all week?

Oh this weekend was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. A welcome reprieve from the cold, but apparently the highs will be back in the low 40s by the middle of the week in central Texas. I can only imagine how much better it'll be in Dallas... :/

I know! At least this weekend was glorious over in our neck of the woods.

Welcome from Houston! Your guy is so handsome. I can see how these dogs are like Pringles... After you have one, you can't stop thinking about having another = )

Our brand new girl has gotten to wear her K9 Voyager coats (HIGHLY recommend) a LOT over the last couple of weeks. She gives me dirty looks whenver we go outside and the wind is gusting through the buildings downtown, but I live in an apartment, so we don't have a lot of bathroom break options, haha.

I've definitely been looking into coats lately. Petsmart actually had a sale last weekend on their coats and I was able to buy a quick bandaid for the time being. It doesn't fit perfectly, with greyhounds being so deep chested, but I added a little velcro so it fits better. ;] I live in an apartment-style condo too. I've never craved a yard as much as I have the past few weeks while I've been at school.

Your pringle comment made me laugh. Partially because I'm sitting here eating Pringles and partially because I'm thinking about fostering a greyhound this summer during the break (and after I'm fully acclimated to life with Becker).

:D Thanks for making me feel so welcome, guys!

Guest katethegreyt

I've definitely been looking into coats lately. Petsmart actually had a sale last weekend on their coats and I was able to buy a quick bandaid for the time being. It doesn't fit perfectly, with greyhounds being so deep chested, but I added a little velcro so it fits better. ;] I live in an apartment-style condo too. I've never craved a yard as much as I have the past few weeks while I've been at school.

Your pringle comment made me laugh. Partially because I'm sitting here eating Pringles and partially because I'm thinking about fostering a greyhound this summer during the break (and after I'm fully acclimated to life with Becker).

:D Thanks for making me feel so welcome, guys!

K9 shipped super fast considering how well made the coats are - most of the other places that do handmade greyhound specific stuff get backed up sometimes in the winter because it's often just one person or two trying to keep up as each order comes in. If your grey is of a standard size (which are already made and in stock), they ship priority and mine was at my house within 3 business days.

Plus it fits "greyt" - I got a fleece tummy warmer and a rain coat. I love them both! Super well made and they are breed-specific, so they fit perfectly = ) Also, if you ever decide you need a sweater for fun, this lady makes some fun stuff, and her coats are super nice too (I would have ordered her reversible winter coat, but I needed one faster than she could make it at that point): http://www.sewingcatsanddogs.com/ And there are about a thousand other threads on here about fun greyhound products to blow all of your paychecks on, so you should be all set, haha.

Edited by katethegreyt