Jj Ate Small Flower Bud

Hi All,

Not sure if the flower bud and the vomiting are related. Someone sent get well flowers. A small stem broke off onto the floor. I got the stem out of his mouth, but think he may have eaten a very small bud (maybe 1/2 inch in size). Unfortunately I think it i a lily species. I have been watching him all afternoon since.

About five minutes ago he vomited. It was clearish/whitish. Nothing that would normally make me worry. Sometimes if he chews on plastic or my shoes he vomits up that type of stuff - but usually with a piece of whatever he was chewing. There was nothing unusual in this.

He seems fine after the one time - but I continue to watch him.

Not sure how toxic things are - and if they are toxic, would he have vomited or shown signs sooner than this?

I may be worrying unnecessarily.

Robin

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Under a search for "lily" there are several pages and they are listed as poisonous.

ASPCA site of toxic plants

Editing to add my link didn't stick. Enter "lily" in the search box.

A call to ask questions at their poison control hotline requires a credit card.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thx. Checked out the site - trying to go through all the pics of the lily plants. He seems fine right now. Just talked to evet and explained to them that the bud was tiny and gave them his weight. They said that little should not cause kidney failure in such a ratio. My concern is the sensitivity of the greys. The evet is not a grey vet - though he has cared for my dogs in a pinch before....

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Is there another sprig of the flower he ate in the bouquet? Something you can take a photo of, post on-line, and research? There's a site called myfolia where you might get an identification of the flower. Knowing what the flower was is going to be helpful if you contact poison control or want to research the the toxicity. (Or, maybe better--call the florist and ask.)

The number for ASPCA's poison control: 888-426-4435

I don't want to alarm you, but there are a number of toxins that don't appear to harm the dog--but are quietly doing damage to internal organs. By the time the dog shows symptoms, a great deal of damage has been done. I know it's a small bud--and a big dog--but I'd really want to research that flower right away.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

The one with the little bud is the exact duplicate of what I think he ate.

DSCN0599.jpg

This is a full size stalk showing the flower. Any help ID'ing would be greatly appreciated.

DSCN0600.jpg

The one with the little bud is the exact duplicate of what I think he ate.

DSCN0599.jpg

This is a full size stalk showing the flower. Any help ID'ing would be greatly appreciated.

DSCN0600.jpg

That looks like an orchid to me.

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Thanks!! I will look them up....I am clueless about flowers - but know they can be trouble!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!! Maybe I can breath again.....