My Crazy Spook Foster Is Getting Spayed

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

She is a real nut, but I adore her... and of course I want her to be safe. I'm not really nervous about the surgery, she's in great hands so far as that goes... I am nervous that someone will go against my firm advice to NOT WALK HER, PERIOD in their unfenced property, even with two leashes (I will clean up any mess she makes, and I am picking her up early...) and she will somehow get away. She is not at all tame for anyone but me. I am so worried. I can't help it, but I have a hard time trusting people, especially ones whom I can tell don't GET the seriousness of my warning. No, I am not just paranoid. She really is a lunatic, and I want her back in one piece. I've been fostering her for months trying to get her over her fear of people. Noises and so forth she is good- it's just people. I've put off spaying for months to try to get her a little better. I think she is better. She is almost normal (until you actually reach for her) at amateur racing where she is in her total element. Anyway, thanks for letting me worry, and any good thoughts or prayers or whatever you believe in are certainly welcome. I think some people really don't get how we worry about these pups! They said she will be first, so she is likely under right now.

These are some shots of her last night... how precious are they? She is cleaning my senior Whippet's ears, and my other foster (he of the broken hock) was using him as a pillow :wub: And of course, just her cute face. She's also the amateur racer in my siggie.

022-3.jpg

016-5.jpg

013-4.jpg

Guest krystolla

Hang in there! I'm sure she'll be fine and I'm sure your strict warnings will keep off anyone thinking they need to take her for a stroll. She's going to be wiped out from the surgery anyway so it's not like she'll be begging for a walk from everyone passing by.

She's adorable. Looks like a Dodgem by Design girl or relative.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

She is a VERY cute Greyhound!

Remember, the biological function of wound pain is to cause us not to dash about too wildly until well enough to do so. If they use Tramadol she'll be nicely sadated anyway.

All you can do is trust them to be sensible with her; I've always given my vets a copy of a written note explining what's what, it tends to concentrate their minds and goes with the rest of the notes.

Guest Swifthounds

All you can do is trust them to be sensible with her; I've always given my vets a copy of a written note explining what's what, it tends to concentrate their minds and goes with the rest of the notes.

I write my restrictions and instructions right on the authorization sheet, that way I'm sure that they have it and they cannot say they didn't read it.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Thanks! She sure is a cutie-pie and I hope that helps her get adopted. Her personality, once she trusts you, is just as adorable as her little face. I thought about writing, "NO WALKS" on that form. Good idea! Next time I'll do it.

No news is good news :) I can't wait to go get her.

She is a daughter of Cayman Went. She does have a "Dodgem" look about her when she has her silly ears, though!

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

She is home, happy, and doped up! :lol I just snapped a few photos of her when I took her out back to pee, and I'll post one in a minute. Yay!

She is home, happy, and doped up! :lol I just snapped a few photos of her when I took her out back to pee, and I'll post one in a minute. Yay!

a like button would be so useful here. Is that her (#2) in the siggie? She's a cutie. Glad it all went well.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, home safe :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Today is the first time I have EVER seen that girl refuse ANY food. I know it's normal... but I look forward to her being a little piggie again.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I understand your feelings of the walks, I know a farm owner and helped him with a group of dogs he was ready to send to training. They were almost one year old and never had walked on leash, it was my job to get them used to that. Even I was so worried for a while with them, but they all turned out to be good walkers. I loved going out there to work with them, of course I had to walk through the kennel and say hi to everyone in there first. ;)

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I would love that job!!!

I just know she would freak out. If she wasn't a spook, it would be fine. Though I admit, I don't really like anyone walking my dogs... I think I'd make an exception for most GTers though!