I Want To Bury My Head In The Sand

Guest Bamn

So, I didn't share that Auggie was limping, and I went through a serious of vets who looked at x-rays and told me to amputate because he is a greyhound and he is almost 9 years old and it's probably osteo anyway... to finally get him to New England Veterinary Oncology Group (NEVOG) and after a series of 4 sets of x-rays on his front right leg - it is probably a benign tumor that has probably stopped growing.

That being said... he has been limping again. This time his front LEFT!!! I've given him Rimadyl (left over from previous limp) and it improves, but it never goes away. Up until today, I could not pin point the sight of pain. I finally found it - his shoulder. There are two main points of osteo, the wrist and the shoulder. The shoulder is much worse.

So, I would like to put my head in the sand and forget all the things I know and suspect. It has been 4 days. I'm really mad and very sad. :angryfire I don't want to cry again. I know I have to bring him to the vets.

P.S. This may be in the wrong topic - mods - feel free to move me.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope it's not anything serious...I really do.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Just :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

It must hurt like the dickens. I am so sorry. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so sorry. Not knowing is awful. I certainly hope it is nothing.

Our Sadie had old shoulder injuries from the track that we did not realize she had until years later. They would flare-up at the drop of a hat. It would only take a mis-step on a walk (that is all I can surmise) sometimes. And she would limp for days. (She actually did better with it later in life with her shoulders with supplements and lots of exercise). Let's hope it's something like that- a simple mis-step.

finalsiggy.jpg

I'm sorry you're going thru this. I don't know how many xrays I've paid for over the years always thinking the worst. But somehow, when my Diamond got OS, I knew. The pain seems so much deeper. She accidentally hit her foot when jumping into the SUV and she held up her leg for the longest time. That's when I knew.

If you do get more xrays, have Dr. Couto look at them. (he's the greyhound oncologist at Ohio St. U.) I don't know a single person on this board that doesn't have something great to say about him. I drove from NJ to Ohio twice to have my girls see him. Diamond had her front leg amputated at age 12. She had 6 wonderful pain free months. My Pearl had a spleenectomy done there. Unfortunately, that cancer was incredibly fast growing. I lost her 2 weeks later.

I'm sorry you're going thru this. I don't know how many xrays I've paid for over the years always thinking the worst. But somehow, when my Diamond got OS, I knew.

A little bit of a hijack, but me too. I was at GIG and I remember breaking down at lunch in front of a bunch of friends from my group. I just knew. It came out of nowhere and it was worse pain than I had ever seen her in.

To the OP, I hope you're able to get him in and get some clear x-rays today. :goodluck

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thank you for all the stories and hugs! Knock on wood - he has shown no limp today. I will be taking this one day at a time, which inevitably means an emotional roller coaster :blush Maybe all the positive thoughts have prevailed!!

So, I spoke too soon. As soon as I soon as I posted, he started limping again. Soooooo... we went to the vet today and x-rays are scheduled for tomorrow morning. The new vet (i left my other vet for personal reasons) seems optimistic. Lets hope that resignates in the film.

Any updates? Morning has passed. :goodluck

I picked Auggie up at 4:45. The x-rays are unremarkable. No lesions or abnormalities. Thats the good news. The bad news is we still don't know what is wrong. They are pulling at straws, but they thinks possibly a pinched nerve somewhere but we wouldn't know for sure without a CT or MRI - I'm not sure if I want to go there yet. He is now on Rimadyl and if that doesn't help we are going to try Gaba-penton (spelling?). Thank you again to the GT community - sometimes it's just nice to know I'm not alone!

No lesions is always good news! :yay Did they x-ray his spine too?

That really is good news. Hopefully with a little luck and lots of time, you will see improvement. If you're fortunate enough to get a diagnosis, that will be even better! Having dealt with a mystery limp in one of mine, I know how scary and frustrating it can be. Sending comforting prayers and healing white light.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

They took like 6 x-rays! They did his neck, and spine, chest and leg. Nothing.

I am glad that everything was clear!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.