Bitter Apple Doesn't Work

Muzzle with poop guard. That is what we used for dogs in the kennel that had licking issues.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

What would happen if you put some EMT gel or spray on it? Maybe that would work, also.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

We've had a lot of success with Bitter Yuck. Our Suzy LIKES the taste of bitter apple :blink: but Bitter Yuck keeps her from licking. It also doesn't sting if you spray it on a cut. You can get it at pet stores in the same aisle as the bitter apple. And I have gotten it on my hands. It's hard to wash off and taste HORRIBLE. Guess that's why it works :rolleyes:

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

You can try Heet roll on or Bengay ( the OTC sport creme). I have heard that roll on deodorant may work too-however don't apply these directly on the lesion -- only around it. The ultimate anti lick is atropine opth ointment-- it is beyond horrible tasting--trouble is obtaining it.

We've had a lot of success with Bitter Yuck. Our Suzy LIKES the taste of bitter apple :blink: but Bitter Yuck keeps her from licking. It also doesn't sting if you spray it on a cut. You can get it at pet stores in the same aisle as the bitter apple. And I have gotten it on my hands. It's hard to wash off and taste HORRIBLE. Guess that's why it works :rolleyes:

I agree; Bitter Yuck is the ticket for us. I think I bought it at PetsMart a year or so ago.

Guest BleuDog

ATROPINE EYE DROPS--another vote for that!!!!

It has saved many an animal from being destroyed when they do that licking thing to an extreme!!! And 1-2 drops will last for 2-3 DAYS. The problem...must get from the vet-it is prescription....but only costs a little. Most vets will come around when they know it is just being used in minute amounts for licking problems.

Good Luck!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...