Bad News Times 3

Guest Diablo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll keep our fingers crossed things go well for Xolotl today. I am truly sorry for your recent losses, far too many in such a short time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thoughts and prayers are with you through such difficult times.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Energy11

I am sooo sorry for all your grief and your losing two, so close together. I know what I am going through with Goldie, so I can only imagine what this is like for you! Sending all the love, hugs and prayers I can!

Prayers for your Xolotl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks for the support.

Went to pick up my girl tonight, I'm happy to have her home.

Yesterday I had to stop giving her food and water after 8 PM and I had to make sure, she didn't pee in the morning before going to the vets. I was like euhmm, so what should I do if the poor girl did have to take a wee. :unsure

Tonight the vet told me her urine wasn't dense (or how do you say that) enough to be after fasting 12 hours.

In the morning he injected her with human Dexametha to do the Cushing test. I'll have the results of that at the earliest tomorrow night if not it will be thursday night. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Depending on the results, he'll tell me how we will procede.

He also told me that for the additional DI test I will have to catch her morning urine. I have no clue how I'm gonna do that.

In the past I had to do it also for Yarken (male Afghan Hound) you should've seen me walking behind him with my ladle :blush my neighbours had a blast. But how do you do that with a girly? there isn't enough place to squeeze a ladle under there. If someone has tips....

Only a few more days and Xolotl will turn 13 (jan 1st) I'm sooooo happy she is still with me. Let's hope it's something managable.

So glad she is home!

To catch urine from a girl who squats down very low, I use a shallow container like a pie plate :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So glad she is home!

To catch urine from a girl who squats down very low, I use a shallow container like a pie plate :) .

Pie plate might be a snug fit between the legs. If you have one of those disposable gladware sandwhich containers, it would be easier to get in there quickly.

:hope for the best. :candle

So I just got off the phone with my vet. The good news is she doesn't have Cushings.

The bad news is that she has to take other tests.

I've got to call him back at the end of next week, in the meantime he's gonna figure out a program of test and meds for the diabetes insipidus.

Still more waiting pftttttttt :( more stress

maybe I can start working on my catching of urine skills ;) otherwise I'm gonna freak out.

Thanks for the update! Glad about the Cushings, sad about the wait. :( Hang in there and remember to breath slowly and deeply. :)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

maybe I can start working on my catching of urine skills ;) otherwise I'm gonna freak out.

Glad it isn't Cushing's but wish you could get some answers.

My suggestion for urine catching is a long handled ladle. Works great. Just be sure you either buy a cheap one from the discount store so you feel OK throwing it away after use. That's one ladle you do not want to get mixed up with your cookware. :eek

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow, Xolotl will be going to the vets again. She has to stay 2 nights pft :(

He will be doing additional DI test, new blood work etc...

I hope he finally finds something.

Yikes, I am sorry you are having to go through this. :(

I just wanted to send a quick response to say I am in the same boat with Koda with one of your pups. She was diagnosed with CRF around Christmas and then Jan. 10 we did chest x-rays (she had difficulty breathing that was getting worse and worse) and found she is in congestive heart failure as well. Her heart is HUGE and is pressing her trachea into her ribs and her lungs filling with fluid. She is on all kinds of meds and hoping to increase her quality of life. If you want any advice/info on that combo, feel free to fire me a message. I can fill you in with what I am doing at the moment if you are interested...took me a while with a lot of research to get to the stage I am at right now so it may save you some time...

As for urine catching....I just used a big metal salad/dog bowl....lined it with saran wrap so that it was more sterile....and then when she went out for a pee, I quietly followed and then put the bowl under her. She didn't even notice. :lol Then I poured it into a clean ziplock bag and done. Hope that helps....

Thursday night Sabrosa's condition got worse.

She didn't greet me at the door, wasn't interested in her food and didn't come to take her pill (normaly as soon as she hears me open the paté, she was their).

She was very nervous, laid down for a few minutes and got back up on all fours.

At 11 PM I called the vet to ask if it was a reaction on her meds to get her BP down. The answer was NO.

He told me to try and keep her calm and comfert her. If she didn't get better thru the night, I had to make THE decision :sad1

I was up with her the whole night, she was very nervous, her breathing labored.

She was so tired, after a few minutes laying down she had to get up again, to be able to breath with a bit more ease

Early in the morning I called my vet :cry1

At 10.15 friday morning, Sabrosa went to the Bridge, joining Diablo, Sjeik, Yarken and Enya, my other bridge kids

Today at 12.45 she was cremated :cry1 :cry1

Oh gosh, I just saw this....I am so very sorry. :( Please disregard my earlier post. Try to be strong for the other pups...you are all going through so much all at once. :(:grouphug