Question About Deramaxx

Can you use Pepcid with Deramaxx. Fuzzy has been having terrible gas and I am beginning to think his stomach is upset from the Deramaxx. A few weeks back, he had diarrhea and his doctor said to cut the dose in half. He is getting a 1/4 tablet now. His back is better, but the gas!!! I have been giving him Gas-X and it has done nothing. My house stinks. I have been burning candles and/or Scentsy Wax. I would try the Pepcid, but I don't want to interfere with the absorption of the Deramaxx. Anyone know?

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

As far as I know, you can give Pepcid with the Derm. That is what my Vet recommended the last time we used Derm. What about acidophiles pills for the gas?

I always give meds with food, never on an empty tummy.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

As far as I know, you can give Pepcid with the Derm. That is what my Vet recommended the last time we used Derm. What about acidophiles pills for the gas?

They all get acidopholis in the morning and Prozyme at night. I purchased Missing Link for him, but haven't used it yet. He gets the Deramaxx in the morning with his breakfast.

Yes, you can give Pepcid with the Deramaxx. I usually give the Pepcid about 30 minutes before. However, if his GI system is that upset, it's probably not agreeing with him. There's other options.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am going to call the orthopedist today. Fuzz man was up twice during the night to go out with diarrhea, again. I did not give him the deramaxx this morning. You can tell he doesn't feel well. He is almost gagging at times.

When you put hounds on NSAIDs or steroids, there is a risk of kidney and liver damage. Blood work should be done before putting any dog on these drugs, and blood work should be done every few months to check. Additionally, watch their poop for traces of blood. If you must put a dog on these drugs you can support their kidney and liver with some natural products. I've used Milk Thistle successfully, and I've also used Azmira's Kidney & Liver Support tincture. It's currently on sale, and is not expensive.

However, you can help prevent arthritic situations, by using joint supplements- Glucosamine HCL, MSM, Chondroitin and Vitamin C - daily. A greyhound needs 1500 mgs a day of all but Vitamin C.

Additionally, Azmira's Yucca Intensive has successfully been used to wean dogs off of the NSAIDs, and reduce their inflammation naturally. I discovered this product this year, and have used it on my own hounds very successfully. I've also given it to friends at Best Friends whose dogs were on Rimadyl. Every single one of them is now off Rimadyl, and on the Yucca. It is NOT expensive, and it will reduce inflammation.

Now to treat diarrhea. Slippery Elm Bark made into a gel like substance. Inexpensive, easy to do, good for the dogs. I keep some in my fridge all the time with my older dogs and their more sensitive intestinal tracts. On my web site, under LEARN, MEDICAL, then diarrheaare more natural remedies, plus how to make the slippery elm gel.

Gas - acidolphilus capsules will stop the gas. Though i always try to find the cause, and eliminate that.

I hope something here helps you find relief for your hound.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

When you put hounds on NSAIDs or steroids, there is a risk of kidney and liver damage. Blood work should be done before putting any dog on these drugs, and blood work should be done every few months to check. Additionally, watch their poop for traces of blood. If you must put a dog on these drugs you can support their kidney and liver with some natural products. I've used Milk Thistle successfully, and I've also used Azmira's Kidney & Liver Support tincture. It's currently on sale, and is not expensive. He has been getting Milk Thistle.

However, you can help prevent arthritic situations, by using joint supplements- Glucosamine HCL, MSM, Chondroitin and Vitamin C - daily. A greyhound needs 1500 mgs a day of all but Vitamin C. He is on supplements because of his back problem.

Additionally, Azmira's Yucca Intensive has successfully been used to wean dogs off of the NSAIDs, and reduce their inflammation naturally. I discovered this product this year, and have used it on my own hounds very successfully. I've also given it to friends at Best Friends whose dogs were on Rimadyl. Every single one of them is now off Rimadyl, and on the Yucca. It is NOT expensive, and it will reduce inflammation. This is very interesting to me.

Now to treat diarrhea. Slippery Elm Bark made into a gel like substance. Inexpensive, easy to do, good for the dogs. I keep some in my fridge all the time with my older dogs and their more sensitive intestinal tracts. On my web site, under LEARN, MEDICAL, then diarrheaare more natural remedies, plus how to make the slippery elm gel. I will try and get some of this, too.

Gas - acidolphilus capsules will stop the gas. Though i always try to find the cause, and eliminate that. He gets 1000 mgs every day.

I hope something here helps you find relief for your hound. He is very sick today. He got up twice during the night to go out and I walked him this morning and he went, just watery stuff. The good news is that the last time I walked him, he did not poop at all. Thanks for your advice.

They all get acidopholis in the morning and Prozyme at night. I purchased Missing Link for him, but haven't used it yet. He gets the Deramaxx in the morning with his breakfast.

It occurs to me that could in fact be overkill?

I'm just guessing that those things duplicate each other.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

It occurs to me that could in fact be overkill?

I'm just guessing that those things duplicate each other.

That's a good point too.

Acidolphilus - replenishes good bacteria, helps with gas. can help with IBD. good to use when dog is on antibiotics

Prozyme - is a digestive enzyme that can help older hounds digest their food better, firm up poop. works well with kibble fed dogs. Greyhound Gang has it at 20% off this month.

Missing Link - depending on the variation of it - helps with the coat and skin. some have glucosamine, but not enough to help. some have other things in it too, but you have to read the label to see exactly how many mgs of each product are in each scoop you are giving. I used to use it ages ago, but prefer Grizzly Salmon Oil now, as it also helps with inflammation and boosts the immune system, in addition to helping with skin and coat.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!