Aspca Poison Control Centre

robinw

After reading Houndstown's posting about his hounds getting into the logs, I thought it might be good to post about the ASPCA Poison Control Centre. Thanks to Loca, I've had to call several times. There are vets on staff who give great advice, and if you actually use their service (costs approx $75USD), you get a case number and follow up phone calls, as well as a specific care plan. You're hooked up with a specific staff member (usually a vet student in consultation with a vet) who you can access 24 hours, as well as follow up phone calls. This is the same service many vets use when they need poison information.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

The ASPCA Poison Control Center is located here in Central Illinois and is highly regarded here. Many of the people working the phones are Vet Med Students at University of Illinois, as well as Certified Vet Techs who have studied there.

The Vet Med stundents are fantastic and Rocket loves going to the Vet Med facility. We have done meet and greets there for their open house, and he has also given blood there for research when they specifically needed Greyhound blood.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest greytbookert

Thanks for posting this! I've used them twice, once because of Bean, the kitty, and once for Eric when he decided that ant traps were great treat! It was well worth the $50(many years ago) to find out that he would have had to eaten about 1,000 of them in order for toxicity to kick in!

Yep, this is one of the emergency numbers we have on our fridge.

I bought 8.5" x 11" printable magenet sheets at Staples and printed the ASPCA number, vet, e-vet and other Bella emergency numbers - sticks right on our fridge.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20