Micro-Chipping Question

My Bella is scheduled to be micro-chipped this Saturday at 11:30am. We have a greyhound play group that morning at 9am, and as silly as this is...I'm a big scardy cat and am so worried/stressed/nervous :crazy wondering if she should be running before the micro-chipping? :blush

I've read on here about two greys bleeding a lot after the procedure, and my theory is that running means pumping blood = more pressure. Make sense? To run before, or wait till next week? (I don't care, make fun of me all you want for a dumb question, but when it comes to the well being of my Baby Bella there are no dumb questions!)

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Mine didn't bleed at all after being micro chipped.

It's no worse than receiving shots.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

All of my kids are microchipped, and not a drop of blood from any of them. In fact, they go home and run a couple laps around the backyard from having to sit still. Even my puppy at eight weeks old took it without much fuss.

Guest KennelMom

Microchip is no big deal...let her run :)

(I took my first greyhound to the vet for fear of "excessive" (aka normal) shedding and drippy nose. DH still laughs about that one. Kinda wish I hadn't told him LOL)If I'd have known about GT back then, I'd have saved a lot of money

Maybe - MAYBE - if she were running really hard, like a race, and then came right off the track, all panting and uppity, then, there might be a possibility of running being an issue with microchipping.

Just normal dog park or grey play date, running shouldn't be an issue. Especially if there's a break/cool down period in-between.

There is always a danger on bleeding if your grey is prone to that. If she has been spayed or had a dental recently, and there were no problems, there shouldn't be any problems.

Seriously, the needle is HUGE though and waaaaaaaaaay scarier for the person than the dog! Take a valium yourself first if you haven't seen it done and get queasy easy!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly