Gracie Is Having Her First Chemo Treatment

Guest roselle

Gracie is having her first chemo tomorrow. She is having Carboplatin, anyone know anything about this drug. I hope I'm doing the right thing for her.

Roselle and Gracie

Guest greytglory

Gracie is your baby and you are helping her and doing the best you can for her. No matter what you decide, it is done in Gracie's best interest. I will be thinking of you and Gracie and hoping the best for her and that you are strong as well.

Judy,

Roseville, CA. :gh_lay

Guest azlorenz

Gracie is having her first chemo tomorrow. She is having Carboplatin, anyone know anything about this drug. I hope I'm doing the right thing for her.

Roselle and Gracie

Flash is taking Carboplatin. He will take his 3rd treatment next Tuesday. He is on a 1 X 4 weeks schedule and will take 6 treatments total. He has had no real side effects from it. Usually the day of his treatment he is exhausted and sleeps the remainder of the day. The next day he will usually only eat 3/4 of his regular food portion but by the next day he is back to his normal chipper self and eating normal as well. So far so good. Here is hoping Gracie does just as well with it.

Please feel free to email me (azlorenz@cox.net) if you have any other questions or just want to compare experiences.

Shannon

Roselle and Gracie

Flash is taking Carboplatin. He will take his 3rd treatment next Tuesday. He is on a 1 X 4 weeks schedule and will take 6 treatments total. He has had no real side effects from it. Usually the day of his treatment he is exhausted and sleeps the remainder of the day. The next day he will usually only eat 3/4 of his regular food portion but by the next day he is back to his normal chipper self and eating normal as well. So far so good. Here is hoping Gracie does just as well with it.

Please feel free to email me (azlorenz@cox.net) if you have any other questions or just want to compare experiences.

Shannon

Roselle,

Good thoughts for Gracie and you today for Chemo #1. I am sure everything will go well.

Kyle

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

3 of my greys had carboplatin. Alex, a good eater, had no noticeable effects from the treatment. Morgan and Demon, both difficult eaters, had depressed appetites and were a bit lethargic for a few days. Carboplatin appears to be easier on the stomach than doxorubicin. Some Vets want blood taken 1-2 weeks after treatment to check WBC and CBC.

you will be in our thoughts and prayers today -- gracie, make sure you get a really good treat (ice cream???) after your treatment :)

GRACIE got ice cream. Chemo went well. :heart

Roselle,

Good thoughts for Gracie and you today for Chemo #1. I am sure everything will go well.

Kyle

All went well. We all got ice cream. :P

Guest azlorenz

you will be in our thoughts and prayers today -- gracie, make sure you get a really good treat (ice cream???) after your treatment :)

GRACIE got ice cream. Chemo went well. :heart

Roselle,

Kyle

All went well. We all got ice cream. :P

Ice cream makes everything better in our house :P