Dvm Starting Greyhound Cancer Study

Guest Zippysperson

Guest Zippysperson

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:28:37 -0500

Hello!! My name is Shelley Lake and I am a veterinarian who is owned by 10 retired racing greyhounds. After losing 6 out of 8 greyhound angels to cancer, I have taken it upon myself to start a greyhound cancer study. All I need is the racing name of the greyhound and the type of cancer that the greyhound had. I will do the rest!! Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!! handpicked@embarqmail.com

Sincerely--

Shelley Lake, DVM (and Gabe, Felter, Carrie, Sweetboy, Mully, Peoria, Vasquez, Quebec, Puck and Ratatouie and angels, Andy (blown disk in his back), Boston (osteosarcoma), Boy Friend (osteosarcoma), Dodge Ball (cluster seizures), Buck (intestinal hemangiosarcoma), Winky (liver cancer), Mr. Barky (osteosarcoma) and Whiteout (renal carcinoma.)

Shelley is one of the nicest people from Circle of Grey. She and others really helped me get through Gabriel's death.

Se's Big John -- pancytopenia (leukemia, lymphoma and some other bad stuff)

What kind of research study is this going to be? Do you have an abstract or research proposal? I'd love to see what you're going to do. I'm sure that it will be interesting as well as very dear to your heart and ours.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Shelly started this thread about a month ago. Add to it rather than start another thread.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/259563-informal-study-of-greyhound-cancer/page__p__4649821?do=findComment&comment=4649821

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Shelly has my angel Cofax's infor to match up with her half brother and half sister that we know of.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

What kind of research study is this going to be? Do you have an abstract or research proposal? I'd love to see what you're going to do. I'm sure that it will be interesting as well as very dear to your heart and ours.

L.

Dr. Bunch-Lake is one of my FB friends. From what I've read, she's collecting information for now. She's a genuine working vet, and isn't a researcher, per se. You should friend her Leslie! She's awfully nice.

And folks? I think the reason there is an email address in the message is because you're supposed to send the info. on your hounds to it? Not sure the doctor reads GT.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

• 3 years later...
Guest bcarlin1

I've had 8 Greyhounds including the two I have now

My first Greyhound had osteosarcoma in her hind leg

Her name was Tasha, she died at 8 years old in 1995