New Baby On Board

Guest aeroangie

Guest aeroangie

Hello everyone! I am hoping to be talking to lots of you on here soon about my new adopted Greyhound, Otis. I have had him about a month now. He is a really, really sweet guy but is quite a handful because he is only 11 months old! Imagine! Otis is my third adopted Greyhound. My other two were over the age of four and since they had raced, they were quite different. Otis never raced because he was born with a dislocated shoulder (somewhere in Arkansas!) A lady in Statesville NC fostered him and now, he is mine, all mine.

He really is mostly good and doesn't appear to have a mean bone in his body....except he does chase the cats sometimes and like to chew the furniture! However, he is very, very smart. I was not expecting this (not saying that Grey's aren't smart) but I have had a Doberman so am making the comparison of my first two Grey's to her. She passed away recently in her sleep at 14 and so now I have Otis to console me....and boy he really does a Greyt job!!!! Otis actually comes to you when you call him! This is good because I live on the Southern Outer Banks of NC and we take him boating to uninhabited islands that are large and he can run without worry.

We did find out this past weekend at Cape Lookout that he cannot swim very well. I keep his lifejacket on or keep him inside of the boat cabin. He loves the water though and is not fearful of anything (which is also unusual!) I was actually a member here a long time ago and have now rejoined hoping to get some advice on the BIG BABY! He is already 80 pounds. Someone tell me he has quit growing! Also, he is solid black and very beautiful.

I will try to figure out how to put pictures here asap. Otis lives with my husband and I, Mozart (the Siamese) Kooky (the Calico) and last but certainly not least, Mojito, my hairless Chinese Crested!

Talk to you soon!

Angela

Welcome to GT....and thanks for sharing your story. I know I'm going to really like hearing about Otis and just love it when people introduce their "baby" because you can tell how much they are loved already.

There's lots of info on how to post pics in the technical section.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi Angela, I'm just down the road from you in Jacksonville. :wave

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...