Sutra Osteo Update

After seeing Jen's thread about Neyla, I figured I should update you all on Sutra too. July 15th will be 3 months since he was diagnosed. There have been a few days where he has limped horribly, and I've feared the worst. He has started pamidronate infusions every 28 days...prior to his first infusion he had a slight limp (very slight, most ppl wouldn't notice it)...since his first infusion he has not been limping at all and has not needed ANY deramaxx. :yay

He is getting the joint health tabs and the longevity from Springtime Inc. along with artemisinin in the morning on an empty tummy, and denamarin in the evenings on an empty tummy. He's eating like a good boy. I even took him out to my parents' place last weekend when I took the other pups to play. He was not allowed to run of course, but, I did walk with him around the yard so he could smell everything and pee on everything he wanted :lol He wants so badly to be part of the pack, I just can't leave him at home unless he's really not feeling well. He enjoys visiting my parents too :)

Seeing as how this horrible disease takes so many entirely too fast, I think it's important to celebrate the (albeit small) triumphs :nod I'm so thankful that Sutra is doing well and that we've already had really great quality time. I hope we continue to have more great time, and I hope that Neyla continues to do well also :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I am so glad to hear this Kristin, truly. :yay

I had been wondering too if you had done your first pamidronate treatment yet or not. From the looks of it, there is a lot of promise there. I'm glad it's helped Sutra!!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Great news. Any triumph is a big one in my estimation. Keep going Sutra!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

M-O-R-E good news???!!! This is wonderful! I hope this good news is the beginning of something significant in treating our beloved hounds! Thanks Sutra for showing us the way. kiss1.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

We had a very nice day today out at my parents' house. Their neighbors on both sides also have big dogs, so Sutra had a nice time sniffing noses today :) He REALLY wanted to run with the rest of them...he would stand there with his ears on point...we just walked around the yard with him on a leash so he can enjoy the smells :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

More great news! Way to go Sutra.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.