World Class Nester...

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

DH and I had a really good laugh today watching Blossom trying to remake her bed. We tried not to make too much noise laughing because we wanted to see how long she would work at her nesting job. She was so intense that I don't think she would have noticed anyway. She went into her open crate which has a memory foam mattress covered with a vinyl cover, then a fitted sheet then a comforter. She clawed and dug but was still not happy with the results so she began picking up the comforter with her teeth to try getting it just right. She managed to dig and bit her way into the vinyl cover so I finally had to stop her before she managed to get it just right. Twelve minutes from when we noticed her until I stopped her, she is now napping to regain her strength. :lol Good thing I have more vinyl. :P

My first grey was a real nester too. He'd spend allot of time digging, fluffing and dragging his bed all over the living room till he had it just right. It was hysterical to watch. He was also fond of going upstairs and getting on my bed and taking the comforter, sheets and pillows and making a huge pile in the middle to sleep in.

Copper has destroyed more of our dog beds than the other three put together. He's a major nester and the reason I stopped buying expensive dog beds.

The last one was an $80 bolster bed that I thought he would like and not want to dig at. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

He also has destroyed more of my bed comforters! I stopped buying expensive ones of those too!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• 2 weeks later...

My Italian greyhound will scratch, turn, scratch, turn FOREVER! then he just plops down and goes to sleep. He is hysterical to watch. My female grey steals everything and brings it to her bed..shoes, pillows, the best was the other day: i had thrown a role of toilet paper upstairs (in the hopes that someone else would put it in the bathroom) I was in my bedroom (forgot to bring the TP in myself!) and in comes Missy with the role in her mouth and proceeds to add it to the collection on her bed! I said what in the world are you doing? and she drops it, as if to say "you caught me!" :colgate

Guest kydie

My boy is a nester, a real digger, now I've a few dogs that do the turn, turn, dig a little then lie down, but he realy digs, so I bought him one of those victoria peak round beds, and he sinks right in and is happy, the digging got much better with this bed, less repairs :lol

Guest auforygirl

When looking for a new bed I look for durability. Memory foam is a waste of money... it will be foam chips in like 3 months. My memory foam pillow (FOR ME) has 1 set of deep claw marks and a little chunk she took out with her mouth... I can still use it but I am looking to get a new one soon. I look for beds that are made for nesters and then basically the toughest fabric I can find... I found so far the best one was off of sierra trading post.com Amazingly only 50 bucks (i love that web site) kept it for almost a year now absolutely no holes!

Guest Jubilee251

HA! My new guy is a nester - just rearranged all his bedtime blankets into a big ball and fell into it. :lol I gotta stop him when he tries to nest on the living room rug, though!

Tractor is a nester! He tends to steal clothing and collect it in the living room, then sleep on it. This morning it was underwear, pajama pants, t-shirts, and shoes. After a while, he gave up on that and is now crashed in the bed.

Missing Hiro, Tank, and Tractor

Guest LolaNLucy

Lucy is a total nester too. I keep old comforters thrown on top of the beds for her to nest at so she doesn't destroy the actual beds. She'll go at it for 5 min before settling down to sleep.

I guess there's a tie! Sobe's record when I timed him was also 12 minutes. He may have actually spent longer at it sometimes - I just happened to stare at my bedside clock for 12 minutes one night when he woke me up at 3 am fixing his bed. :blink:

We gave up on dog beds for him - he didn't like them very much, and destroyed them very quickly. Everyone in my extended family knew to give me their comforters when they got a new one! :lol He had flowers, stripes, Dora the Explorer, Cars, you name it! :lol