Fireworks Due To Start @ 9Pm

Guest Energy11

We've had the illegal ones for 2 nights now & I'm sure we'll hear them tonight.

Mindy shakes so bad. sad.gif

ArchE just stares at me with buggy eyes as if he's asking, "what is that mommy?, Is

it thunder?, Kuz if it is, I'm gonna start panting & shaking to"! tongue.gif

Ya know... just the LEGAL displays wouldn't be as bad, cause you can plan for them. It is all the IDIOTS shooting off firecrackers that really make this holiday a HUGE pain! mad.gif

ArchE just stares at me with buggy eyes as if he's asking, "what is that mommy?, Is

kiss1.gif

I was just going to post that when you come to the desert you won't have to worry about them rolleyes.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest BorzoiMom

My dog is only upset because he wants to pee and we can't go out because of the village idiots around every corner. Should have gone out earlier while I was asleep, lol. I'm more nervous (there goes a fire truck...) because they will light the damn things not 10 feet from the building and cars. Thank God it's been raining this year! (and all day)

Oh, it's really really really bad tonight. Even poor Ollie is FLIPPING.I just gave Ollie 10mg of valium. Elsie ran down to the basement which is ground level and I had to pry her out from behind the oil burner. I closed the door to the oil burner and I put a bed down there and she is laying flush against the clothes dryer. I have the tv on loud as well as the A/C and fans going. She is beyond panicked. That is WITH 10mg of valium.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jupiterooos

The last time I bitched about fireworks I was accused of being unpatriotic. Apparently I missed the section in Civics class about the bit in the Constitution that requires appreciation of shiny things going boom :rolleyes:

We live near a military base and each year they have a band playing the 1912 overture, complete with live cannon fire. Then the official fireworks start but we're far away not to hear those but just see the lights.

However this year there's a huge group of idiots in our neighborhood who are firing off really loud explosives. I'm thinking these might even be illegal here. Our house seems to be in the middle of a small triangle of these idiots.

Several years ago when the explosions weren't nearly as loud as this we had a german shepherd dog clawing at our door and window screens trying to get inside due to his fear. Long story but we couldn't calm him and had to call AC so he wouldn't injure himself.

Poor Bandit. Last night he was mid-pee when some fireworks were set off. He came running in the house, leaving a trail of bouncy firm poop falling out of him. Tonight we got everyone outside before dark to do their business. Only Bandit needs the benedryl. Gracie isn't afraid of the explosions but she runs out, ears and tail straight up, and barks back at every single explosion.

The sad thing about tonight is as I stood outside listening to the explosions, in the quiet in between them I could hear dozens of dogs. Howling, barking, panicking dogs. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

My oldie Whippet just gives me stinkeye as if I have the power to this annoyance. They're all in a coma though. I'm irritated because if they wake up my kid I'll be pissed but so far so good :unsure

Guest PhillyPups

I am sitting here with three stoned dogs again and wondering if they will need a 12 step program by the time this is all over. :rolleyes:

Ya know... just the LEGAL displays wouldn't be as bad, cause you can plan for them. It is all the IDIOTS shooting off firecrackers that really make this holiday a HUGE pain! :angry:

Exactly. And, they would be far enough away from us so we would barely hear them.

kiss1.gif

I was just going to post that when you come to the desert you won't have to worry about them rolleyes.gif

:lol :lol :lol

The last time I bitched about fireworks I was accused of being unpatriotic. Apparently I missed the section in Civics class about the bit in the Constitution that requires appreciation of shiny things going boom :rolleyes:

I actually would love to watch the legal fireworks display, but not by our neighbors so close to our house. :angry:

Guest weisster

When Darrel was younger it never bothered him. In the past two years he is reall creeped out by loud (and not so loud ) noises. He's really petrified this year. I gave him a benadryl, put on every tv and radio and I'm watching him drift off.

I'll willing to bet most of the locals don't even know why we're celebrating July 4th. You'd never know fireworks are illegal in N.Y.....and just yesterday a guy blew off his arm setting off fireworks. Just venting.

Guest KansasGrey

It's a battlefield here! We live in the city and on my last smoke break to the front porch I didn't need a cigarette the air is so full of smoke from

all the fireworks. Legal here is anything that does not go more than 6' high or 6' out. I saw a few shoot over a neighbor's house. Maybe the melatonin is helping Magnus. We are in the basement and he's sound asleep on the couch. We hear a loud bang now and then from the big illegal

fireworks but that's it. Getting them out to potty before bed isn't going to happen any time soon.

Guest eaglflyt

It takes a lot to get me mad, and by golly, they've done it!

Every year we've explained to our neighbors that we have horses and other animals that DO NOT appreciate their fireworks. Fireworks are ILLEGAL! We are in the city limits! But, since we're in a rather rural area and near a lake, everyone thinks the laws don't apply out here, evidently.

I hate fireworks! These nutty people won't take the time or spend the $ to go to the professional display just 10 minutes away. NOOOOOOO ... they want to blow up hundreds of dollars worth of their own cherry bombs and who knows what in their own yard .... while firing them off at our farm!!!

These things they are blowing up sound like actual bombs, not fireworks! Hubby even got in the car to drive to the next place over where a widow lives to make sure her house wasn't on fire since there was so much smoke coming from that direction. Well, I guess they decided to have a family gathering and blow up everything they could find for her!!! I'm sure she's beside herself. And, the folks across the street ... what message are they sending their kids ... that it's OK to break the laws we want to!!!!

I've had it after years of trying to be nice, direct, and even a bit irritated as the years went on. Tonight I have called the police! I just hope they can make it out here in time to see them all in action and I hope they give out some BIG, JUICY TICKETS!!!

:angryfire:riphair:censored

I don't feel bad about finally calling the police and reporting the neighbors. They sure won't be paying our vet bills when one of our horses tears itself up or colics from panicking in the barn! This has all been explained to them, and they just don't care.

Guest BorzoiMom

Been there done that, when the cops leave they just start right back up. The cops can't really do anything, there are so many people doing it. I had fireworks being lit under my car at another apartment complex. Cops did NOTHING. :angryfire I took the dogs out and they watched the lights, lol. :lol

Guest jupiterooos

I can kind of see the appeal of the official firework displays. Not my cup of tea, but some people do like to ooh and aah at the pretty colors. However, certain of my neighbors have been setting off the sort of fireworks that just make noise for hours. How could this possibly be enthralling for more than ten minutes? Much less more than three hours?!

It sounds like a battle field here. Carl has had 3 Benadryl, Claire 2 and they are both hiding in my bedroom. Sheila went to bed and is oblivious. Poor little lion, who we thought had limited hearing, is hearing a lot of it and staying very close to me. What a way for him to spend his first night here. <sigh> I can't imagine how awful this is for all the other dogs in the neighborhood. My house is sealed up tighter than a drum, a/c, fans and radios blaring.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Battlefield here too. Fireworks are legal here but with the restriction of no bottle rockets. So what am I hearing every 3 seconds? Bottle rockets. Behind my house and in front of my house where they're having the annual 4th of July yahoos party in the street. I'm not a grinch about most holidays but I sure am about this one.

The Star Wars movies on Spike were working well before it got dark, but not after dark. Even going after the Death Star and all that at high volume can't cover up the noise outside! Oh, the dogs are doing fine, but I'm not! mad.gif Thanks for providing a place to vent.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Fireworks are over here, finally! I have two legal shows, one a couple of blocks away, the other a couple of miles away. Fletcher and Sallie are on valium, which helped, some. Molly just wants to go outside and bark at them :rolleyes:

I guess it's better than where I used to live, there the illegal fireworks went on for hours, New Years Eve was just as bad as the Fourth :(

The 99 dwarves, aka AZ legislature, legalized fireworks this year, and our idiot governor signed it, but it doesn't take effect until August, I think. I'm really dreading that!

Guest Ohiogreymom

They're finally over here. Chick and Brandy have been hiding out in the bathroom, :( and occasionally, when they set off a real big one, Spy would join them. :lol Richie wants to stay outside and bark at every boom, and every kid who he thinks is doing it. :rolleyes: He is such a riot, he thinks everythings a big party. :lol I sure wish he would rub off on the other 3. Darlene

Mac the dachshund hates fireworks, so he got a benadryl earlier in the night. He hid upstairs and thankfully I lured him downstairs finally.

The other 2 could care less. Buddy gets excited about them, Cookie just doesn't care (crazy girl).

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana