Correct me if I've got this wrong.

T4 is .8

no thyroid problems symptoms

no hair loss

great appetite

normal activity level

no behavioral changes

Gracie is 10 and muscular

I have asked for a full thyroid panel to be run. The same from her physical was shipped to IDEXX so my vet office has called to have them run the additional thyroid tests.

Creatine is 2, same as on a previous panel

I have reviewed Dr Stack's paper on this here.

My vet wants Gracie to start thyroxine so that's why I asked for the full panel to be run.

No symptoms or health concerns.

Other lab values were normal.

I think my girl is normal and does not need thyroxine.

Incidentally, I provided this clinic with a copy of Care of the Retired and Racing Greyhound last year. :rolleyes:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest LindsaySF

That is normal T4 for a Greyhound, but I'd be interested in seeing the free T4 and TSH values. Some vets no matter how many times you tell them still don't "get it" that Greyhounds are different. I argued with my own vet over this last year. rolleyes.gif

Creatinine is a little high, but I wouldn't worry unless BUN and other values are off.

BUN is 25 normal

HGB is 20.9 high

HCT is 59.4 high

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

All looks NORMAL for a greyhound!

As mentioned above, just see what the Free T4 shows, but I am sure she is fine. And yes, some vets, "just don't get it," and refuse to read the stuff we give them, or if they do, still have their own ideas!

At Sandy Paws in 2008, I believe that Dr. Couto said that he "treats dogs not blood test results" when it comes to thyroid. Makes sense to me. dunno.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

All normal.

She sounds like a healthy girl!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I too go by the symptoms and not the numbers. My new boy's T4 was .5 and he is absolutely doing great with no symptoms; hence, no Soloxine for this one. (Yet) :)

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.