Jax Gearjamer - Tribute Added In Post #57

Guest vtgreys

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, handsome.flowers_red.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest vtgreys

Thank you so much for your kind and comforting words everyone. It makes a word of difference to be part of such an understanding and supportive community. I am taking one day at a time, and often find myself choked up by tears. I try to tell myself that Jaxie is now pain free and whole again and is waiting for me, along with Benny and Yoshi. At the same time, grieving for him also brought back some of the grief from Benny and Yoshi's passing. You see, Jax was in a way my rebound dog. I lost Benny first in January of 2006, and then Yoshi in June of the same year. It was almost unbearable. In July of 2006, we needed an emergency foster home of a dog thought to be 11 at the time being returned after having been in a home since 1999 (coincidentally the same year I adopted my first greyhound, Benny). Benny was just shy of 11 when he died, and Yoshi had just turned 11. So it was with some reluctance that I agreed to take in an 11 year old foster, with my grief still being so new and raw. But Jaxie was what I needed. He was brought to my home by his former owner, and never even looked back. He came with a torn up blanket, one metal bowl and about a quarter bag of Purina Dog Chow, which he was getting 1 cup of in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. He had not seen a vet since 1999 (supposedly because he did not like riding in a car) and bore all the signs of a dog that had spent a lot of his time outside. He settled right in, and went to the vet during his first week with me - imagine my surprise when I took him out to the car, expecting a struggle, but he hopped right in and made himself comfortable. No issues with riding in a car at all. He had a much needed dental (lost 19 teeth) and a checkup and updates on vaccines. We figured out later that he was not 11, but had only turned 10 in April. Given his history, I didn't know how much time I would be granted with this wonderful and loving dog. I was blessed to have almost 4 years with him. He took all the changes we went through in those 4 years in stride, first my separation, then divorce in 2007/08, then adding his brother Duke, and then moving twice within the last 2 years, and finally getting a surprise sister this February. He learned to go up stairs after his first year with me, he learned how to sleep in a bed with his human, and how comfortable a couch is. Most of all, he learned what it was like to be loved during his time with me. I will forever miss you my sweet Jax. I know I will see you again, and hope that Benny and Yoshi will take good care of you, though you never had the pleasure of meeting them.

post-7346-1277650313825.jpg

Guest dmona

Only someone who has lost one of their babies can understand the heartwrenching pain. I am sorry you lost Jaxie, but so grateful that you had him and he had you for 4 years. It sounds like y'all had a wonderful relationship and he was truly loved and cared for.

Run free, sweet Jaxie. I lost my Kelsey on June 4 and also have family and friends who don't care and don't understand. Take care of yourself.

Dianne

What a beautiful and very lucky boy to have found you. He will remain, for always and forever in your heart.

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart hearts for you. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so very sorry. You didn't have as many years together, but you certainly had a lot of love in the time that you had. You are in my thoughts.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

A beautiful tribute to Jax. How fortunate both of you were to find each other. Bless you for taking in a senior and giving him all that love and I know he returned it in a thousand ways over the years. I know it must have been very difficult to do this tribute but thank you so much for sharing with all of us!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Thank you for this wonderful tribute and a *beautiful* photo of Jax. What a gorgeous coat he had, not to mention that face!

:f_yellow:grouphug :f_yellow

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your precious Jaxie. How lucky that you found each other and had those 4 wonderful years together. Run free most beloeved angel.

Your love for him was perfect and he knew it - right from the start. I'm sorry he had to leave. flowers_red.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

cry1.gif I'm so sorry for your loss. flowers_yellow.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound