A Little Bit About Me

Guest kimmel729

Guest kimmel729

Hello!

I adopted Brooklyn a month ago and not only is she my first greyhound but she is also the first ever pet of my adult life (and certainly not the last!) She is definitely a ball of fire and we have been enjoying our time together and learning a lot about each other. I am 22 years old and I live in Rochester, NY, although originally from Long Island. I grew up with Great Danes so I have always had that big dog inclination, but decided to scale it down a bit considering I live in a one bedroom townhouse :) While it took me a few months of contemplating and going to 'meet and greets' ultimately the decision was an easy one and I'm so grateful I made it. I'm glad I stumbled upon this website and I am looking forward to many more months and years of happiness and companionship with Brooklyn.

Thanks for reading! :colgate

~Kim

Welcome and congratulations :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Hi Kim, and greetings from Gainesville, FL! :welcome2

So glad you found us, GT is the best!!

We'd love to see pictures of your Brooklyn, so let us know if you need help posting them. It's super easy if you put the pics in photobucket.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest dmona

Welcome to Greytalk from South Carolina. I have two boyz, just lost my little girl on June 4. They will take over your life in a good way. Need pictures, but I have never seen an ugly greyhound.

welcome-katy1.png

From Miami

I've got three in the house at the moment. We'd love to see pics of the new houndie!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Welcome & congratulations!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

welcome from Oceanside, Long Island. Where were you from?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Welcome to you and Brooklyn. Maybe you'll end up having a pack of greyhounds all named after NYC boroughs? :P

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

:welcome2 from PA!!

I'm not too far from the NY border, myself. I'm active with a group that has a satellite in the NY state area.

What a great name for your greyhound!

I live in a townhouse myself, and find that greyhounds seem to compliment living in a small space well. :D

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

• 2 weeks later...