Today Is Ozzie's Gotcha Day

Guest 4rooers

Guest 4rooers

On June 6,2008, I went to StarCity's kennel to pick up Ozzie and bring him home. I didn't know how long I would have with this 10+ year old dog, but I was determined to give him the best life I could. My Ozzie left me on April 30 and I miss him so much that sometimes I just hurt. He was a very special man. I notice now I am hypervigilant when one of my others seems a "little off".This afternoon as Rourke lay on Ozzie's bed in his favorite position(on his back) the tears started because I so wish that Ozzie was still here with us. I know I'm rambling but I guess I just need your support and I know others here have felt the same or at least similar. I saw a dog named Whiskey on the adoption page of WAG and he looked so much like Ozzie, he took my breath away. I know I'm not ready yet, and I'm afraid I will expect a new dog to fill the void Ozzie left. Anyway, I feel better for venting here. You are all such good people. Thank you for listening.

Kim

Guest Samantha

Its so sad when you lose a hound, I still think about hounds I lost when I was a girl. Knowing you gave them the best possible home and lots of love is little consolation. I don't really know what to say, apart from I know Ozzie will now be running free at the bridge, and looking down at you with love in his eyes ( well when he eventually stopped chasing those darn rabbits :) )

Guest Vers

Kim, I don't ever have the right words here, but Ozzie was so very lucky that you took him into your home and heart. He would have been passed over by so many people. I hope you find comfort in all you were able to give him, and in the love you shared. Lucky pup, to be in a good home and so well-loved. He'll be around to let you know when another grey needs your love, I am sure.

I am sorry you are hurting. The pain never really goes away, we just learn to live with it...

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Swifthounds

Happy gotcha day, Ozzie. :grouphug

The great joy of life with dogs is that a dog will love you with everything he has every minute of every day. The great sorrow is that we never know how many minutes or how many days that will be.

Many many hugs.

Rest well, dear Ozzie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest vahoundlover
grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif Kim, I totally understand how you feel. Losing our babies is heartbreaking. When Ozzie has your new baby picked out, he'll let you know and you will be ready. I miss your sweet handsome fella too.cry1.gif Edited by vahoundlover

Hope you're having a great Gotcha Day at the bridge Ozzie.

I know these milestones are so hard. My heart goes out to you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Happy Gotcha Day, Ozzie. The hurt never goes away, the edges soften over time. No hound will ever take Ozzie's place, but you will find a spot in your heart into which a special hound will "just fit". Ozzie, watch over your Mom and help her make the right decision when the time comes.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

To Ozzie. A special boy for a special person. He is missed. Happy Gotcha day sweetie.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.