Does Anyone Recognize This Rash?

I just saw this last night on Paul's groin area. I'm pretty sure it's new b/c he usually roaches in the morning for belly rubs and I hadn't seen it before. It's onboth sides. Looks like some kind of bite. (We live in the land of Lyme, but I don't think it's that kind of bull's eye). Paul doesn't seem to notice it. this morning, itseemed like there were a few more. I'll mark with a Sharpie to keep track.

Any thoughts?

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Joseph gets those from little biting gnats in the summer. Especially when he's been lying in the grass.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Interesting you posted this b/c just two days ago i noticed these red patches on his groin area as well. He goes to the dogpark at least 5x a week, and there are a lot of woods, so I assume it's a scratch or bite. It has lessened over the past two days...basically keeping an eye on it.

Thanks for posting....I'm gonna check Chance now and see how they look...maybe i'll post a pic. And like you said, my grey doesn't seem to notice/care either. I'm not worried.

Guest BooBooMama

Get them checked- Lyme's disease leaves a rash very similar. I am not saying that it IS Lyme's- I am not a vet. But it would be worth having it checked out.

Edited by BooBooMama

Robin had a tick get on him in that area one time, and the mark looked like that for a day or so afterwards, though it was bigger. We had it checked out--wasn't lyme. I think the skin in that area is very sensitive to bites.

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Guest kydie

thanks for posting this, I would think what part of the world one lives in would factor into this, as black flies are not an issue here as they are in some parts of the country, or world, I would never have guess this, if it is a "bite" I would use bendryl spray or cream on it, for me (in my part of the world) I would guess ticks, Lymes would not be a factor as mine have Lymes vaccine

Keep us updated, this is very interesting :)

Edited by kydie

Joseph gets those from little biting gnats in the summer. Especially when he's been lying in the grass.

George has had it too!

I have him some Benadryl and wiped it down with a cool cloth, and it was gone withint 48 hours.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest tinams8

I also think they are black fly bites. My dog has had them also. Alarming looking, but they didn't seem to bother her and they were gone the next day. They only seem to happen once per year, and always early springtime.

Guest Greytnorth

I'm also guessing that it might be black flies. Black flies are VERY common up here and my girls have had many bits that look like that.

Guest argolola

Rudy had a bunch of those in the same place. I applied lavender oil diluted with water and they were gone in 24 hours.

My doggies get the "Chigger bites" from lying in the grass- they have a Chigger cream or any antibiotic cream will take them away pronto.

Also, you might want to spray them with a "green" bug spray before they go out.