Scared To Death

Guest BooBooMama

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is here! Her racing name was Happy So but she never raced. (Sire is Flying Penske and Dame is PNJ's Promenade.)

She raced quite a lot -- if you go here http://www.trackinfo.com/greymatter/ and type her name into the Dog/Raceline Viewer (click the button on the left), you'll find her quite long career.

How's she doing this morning :) ?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BooBooMama

She is here! Her racing name was Happy So but she never raced. (Sire is Flying Penske and Dame is PNJ's Promenade.)

She raced quite a lot -- if you go here http://www.trackinfo.com/greymatter/ and type her name into the Dog/Raceline Viewer (click the button on the left), you'll find her quite long career.

How's she doing this morning smile.gif ?

Oh wow! I went to the Greyhound Data site and they did not list any races. Poor baby- that was quite a tough career. Thanks for giving me that link.

Guest BooBooMama

I have been so worried about Houdini's limp that I forgot to tell you all the 'good stuff'.

She is as sweet as can be. After that first uncomfortable night she has settled in- already! She acts as if she has always lived here.

She was good on a leash but since she is limping I have discontinued that training. When she is better we will resume walking on a leash.

She does NOT like her crate (howls and whines loudly) but seems fine being left alone uncrated. (I only tested her for 20 minutes but I will increase the time and see how she does. I 'hide' near a window outside and listen for whining, etc. Not a peep. When I came back in nothing was disturbed.)

No food aggression- I can take a bone right out of her mouth!

No sleep aggression- I can pet her and even put my face near her- she just wakes up and roaches! (I guess she figures that if I had the nerve to wake her up I owe her a belly rub!)

She follows me from room to room- sleeps on the bathroom carpet when I shower- is sleeping at my feet as I type this- what a doll.

She did not growl or whine or flinch when the vet took her blood- he says she is stealing his heart.

She has a good appetite. Yesterday she had her first raw bone- a nice bison bone with lots of marrow. Her teeth look a good 70% better already.

No loose stools! I love, love, love raw diet. All my other newbies had terrible diarrhea- but I fed them kibble.

She has just GOT to be well. I am in love already and can't bear the thought of her being ill or injured.

She is a beauty!

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest sorenkkg

She is GORGEOUS and I love her coloring and she seems to already have a sparkle in her eyes!

Sounds like a great start, I love it when you can not crate and they just live in your house like they own it! :lol

enjoy every minute, it sounds like so much fun! colgate.gif