Introducing...me!

Guest redfeather2006

Guest redfeather2006

Hello! My name is Elizabeth. This is my first day on the forum so I'm introducing myself! I am 21 years old and in the United states army. i currently live in Denver, CO, and was just sifting through the internet looking at different rescues, and stumbled upon our local Greyhound Rescue!! This is their site. I thought to myself how beautiful these greyhounds are, and how fortunate I was to find them because I did some research and i think a Greyhound would be good for me! I want a large breed dog, but most large breeds don't do well an apartment living, and in all the places I've read so far, Greyhounds are "45 mile and hour Couch potatoes".

After some research, I finally went to a meet and greet that the rescue has every 1st saturday at petco. Unfortunately there was only one greyhound there but he was gorgeous! His name is "Former Member" aka "Forbes" and he was just a sweetheart. He is 8 years old, but he looked and acted not a day over 4!! He was a great example of what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, it's still going to be a few months until I can adopt a Greyhound, but I'm doing my research now and getting to know some Greys before I take the plunge. I'm even thinking about fostering to adopt, which basically means I foster greyhounds until i find the perfect match for me (who wants to bet it'll be the first one i get? lol)

Anywho, that's me in a nutshell, it's good to be here!

Welcome to GT! It's good that you're doing your research and by visiting GT you'll learn a lot!

Oh, I wanted to thank you for serving.:standard

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest IrskasMom

Greyt to have you here and greyt Idea about Fostering with Intend to Adopt.

The perfect Match will come along.Good Luck :):):)

Hi Elizabeth!! :welcome2

Greetings from Gainesville, FL!

Glad you have found us. GT is the best.

Enjoy doing your research and if you have any questions, you've found the right place to ask!

We look forward to the day when you can post pictures of your new hound!! :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest isntitgreyt

Welcome from Delaware!!! All of mine have been failed fosters :) I never adopted a GH any other way!!! Thank you for serving our country!

Welcome...how lucky you are to have discovered the world of greys. :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi Elizabeth! DH and I are very connected to your area, though we live in Seattle now. His folks live in Red Feather Lakes. We love your username! Welcome to GT.colgate.gif

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest redfeather2006

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

I fully expect all my fosters to be failures :D It seems a lot of people here have whole packs of greyhounds. Maybe they're like pringles, once you pop you just can't stop! :lol :lol

I had no idea there was a red Feather anything around here, that's just been my username for, i don't know, EVERYTHING internet since I was like 10 so... yay!

It's good to have the warm welcome, I look forward to lots of threads and pics and awesome dogs!

Welcome to GT (and to greyhounds in general)!!

Colorado Greyhounds placed my greyhound's littermate and I even had the chance to see his pictures in his foster and forever home and hear from his people.

Good luck with everything!!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Guest Drumhellergrey

Welcome From Alberta Canada

Greys are a fantastic breed. Glad to hear that one more person has discover them. :welcome:wubsite

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Welcome!!! I can sense the excitement in your post :) good luck finding your first grey!! Be careful, they are addictive!!! I quickly went from one to five :blush

welcome2.gif Hi Elizabeth!welcome2.gif

Thank you for serving our country.

Can't wait to see your first greyhound intro post. Welcome from suburban Philadelphia.

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Guest twhitehouse

Welcome from Maine! I adopted my first greyhound 2 years ago when I was 22...it's nice to see someone else my age get into greyhounds. They truly do make a great pet.

I hope you have success when you foster and find just the right dog for you.

Guest Energy11

Welcome from the North Georgia Mountains!

My hubby is retired military! Thanks for serving!

All but one of my Five, are "failed fosters!"

Welcome to Greytalk, and we can't wait to see you with your adopted grey!

Dee and The Five! colgate.gif

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Hello from a Coast Guard wife :)

Greys are super addictive, and you won't be sorry! I love all sighthounds. My black Greyhound, Sophia, is one of my heartdogs. They are, indeed, lazy pups. Yet when they are on, they are a sight to see.