Trying To Get Into Our Bed At 3 Am, Every Night

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Help! My girl, Sizzle has been getting up every single night at 3 am and trying to climb into our bed. There is no room for her in there! I don't know how to stop this behavior. We tell her no and she goes back to her bed instantly but this still has not stopped her from trying.

Thoughts on what I can do to get it through her head that she can't sleep with us? She sleeps like 2 feet away, she's still in our room!

Thanks!

:)

Guest eaglflyt

Could she be getting cold in the middle of the night and perhaps seeking warmth? Our girl needs covers or pajamas at night or she wakes us every time since she gets cold. She has her favorite blanket always at night and pajamas when it's really cold. Our girl always sleeps all night now ... unless she loses her blanket. ;)

I too was going to say perhaps she is cold. Opie started doing this in the fall, whining and being restless in the middle of the night. I knew it must be Jammie time. Got out the jammies, and his snuggle blanket, and no more problems.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest LeanneSchatz

Thanks! I will put her jammies on her tonight and see if that helps. I think you may be right because she is not trying to go outside, just cuddle!

Guest JMinAugustaGA

I had to set up a crate beside my bed because Betsy, my foster, wanted to get in my bed. Anicare would not tolerate that. So I set the crate up beside my bed with a soft dog bed in it. I put her in the crate and told her "lie down - go bed." And she did just that. This was a foster who almost stayed, but she is now in a foster-to-adopt home and will be adopted Saturday. They had to do the same thing with a crate at night.

When we can get Rocket to wear his PJ's he sleeps through the night, even snores..lol.gif There are times even in the summer with the AC on that we end up putting them on him if he has restless nights. Usually covering him with a blanket is all he needs, but if it's especially cold or he's had a couple restless nights in a row, the PJ's go on.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Do you let her get on your bed at other times? During the day? If so - don't. She needs to know the bed of TOTALLY off-limits.

I let one grey - then 2 - into our bed. Honestly, if I had it to do over again - I never would've allowed the greys in my bed. I love snuggling with them - but neither DH nor I like getting woken up 10 times per night while they move around and shove us.

If you've decided not to let her in the bed - definately stick to your guns!

Guest jaws4evr

Is she allowed on the bed any other time?

If not, if you just immediately deny her every single time and making her get off the bed, she should stop in no time. Who wants to be awake at 3am every night? I'm sure she'll see the light.

Ours tends to get restless at around 4am, but if she starts pestering too much we just lock her in her kennel (which is in our bedroom). She knows she has to be "good" and quiet to get out of her kennel, so this works well for us.

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I would also suggest either noise aversion or a squirt gun. Noise aversion would probably not be your first choice as you are trying to sleep, but a squirt gun is silent, and very effective.

Guest MyBoys

Sounds to me also like she may be chilly, if she goes right back to her bed when you say no then I don't think using a squirt gun is necessary, I don't think startling her is the answer if she is just looking to get warm. Try her jammies and a nice warm blanket and maybe even a nice soft stuffie in her bed. She can't help that she is just a little cuddle bug.

Hehe... this reminds me of my Betsy girl.

She knew once we were asleep, we wouldnt make a big fuss to kick her off the bed. every noght at 2am she'd oh so quietly, like a feather get on are bed, then FLOP like a 2ton brick down between us. once she was down it was hard to move her..... so ee moved the lazy boy into the bedroom for her. lol.

Dh would tuck her in with her blanket, id give her kisses, n we'd all sleep soundly.

how i miss her.

The Fruitloop crew: Piper, Bloomer, Sirius Black the kitty cat, Goober, .....Insane human crew: Nikki, Chuckles, Jakob (ds), Naomi baby girl........... and Our Angel babies,, Betsy (Betsy Kiss), Momma Cat, Blue Fish, and Georgie the g-pig.