Back Pain! Poor Sneakers!

Left to get DH from work and run a couple of errands, I had 3 healthy pups. Came home and Sneakers was not his usual exuberant self. He was not trying to help open the crate door, nor was he in a hurry to get out. When the pups came back in from potting he cried out when he went to lay down. I checked him over and didn't see anything. Checked his crate and noticed he didn't eat all the goodies in his Kong. He was very restless and couldn't get comfortable.

Of course our vet was closed, so off to the Referral Clinic. The vet there checked him over and found an area on his back that was very painful. So he is on "bed rest" for 4 weeks :yikes pain meds and muscle relaxant (fortunately I already have Tramadol at home). They said I could wait and have my regular vet do xrays so I will call on Monday. Hopefully it's something simple like he just pulled a muscle.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Guest Energy11

Hard to say, but the "bed rest" aka, leash walking, and pain meds, surely couldn't hurt!

Good luck... sending love and prayers!

Oh, poor Sneakers :( Hope he gets plenty of rest and feels better soon. :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hope he feels better

Sparks sometimes has this happen if he digs in the yard or runs too much so I don't let him do too much of either

:grouphug

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Sneakers is already feeling better! No more yelping when he lays down. :colgate

Took him for a short "pee mail" walk as he isn't to happy with leash walking in the yard. :rolleyes:

Will still make an appointment with our regular Vet just to be safe.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>