Interceptor

Does anyone else that uses it have problems with their pup getting sick for a day or two after you give it? Shanti has taken to throwing up for the day following it. I have changed giving it to her from every 4 weeks to 6 weeks.

I have a feeling it is another one of those interactions with her Valley Fever Medicine since she did not use to get so sick. Thankfully it only lasts a day, maybe two. I just feel bad. :(

The Girls

Jeez, I sure hope not. We did our heartworm on Saturday. Got the call tongight, we are good to go. We will start April 1. 4 on interceptor, 1 on heartgard unflavored.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Lovemyhound

Well Yes! Immediately after I gave her doses (heartworm and flea/tick) earlier this month, she had a couple days of some dry heaves and just not seeming to be herself.

I will be curious to what others have to say. I tried to just chalk it up to something else, but my jaw literally fell open when I read your post! Interesting.

Asti and Nala do fine on it. Shanti seems to be the sensitive one these days. We are having issues with her soloxine as well since we started the VF med Fluconazole. That is why I am wondering if it is a grey thing or possibly her medicines.

The Girls

Well Yes! Immediately after I gave her doses (heartworm and flea/tick) earlier this month, she had a couple days of some dry heaves and just not seeming to be herself.

I will be curious to what others have to say. I tried to just chalk it up to something else, but my jaw literally fell open when I read your post! Interesting.

What flea/tick medicine did you use? Shanti had a horrible reaction to Advantix.

The Girls

Why not switch her to a different heartworm med?

It really would be best to give the med every month rather than stretching it.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest JudiK

I have used Interceptor for years as well. No one has ever been sick here - but my vet wants me to switch to IverHeart Max, she said that it kills a wider spectrum of worms than Interceptor. Now I have to go web-shopping again. But if my guys get sick on it, I will probably go back to Interceptor. FWIW - if a med makes my hounds sick, I try something else. There are so many good products out there.

Guest Energy11

I have used Interceptor for years as well. No one has ever been sick here - but my vet wants me to switch to IverHeart Max, she said that it kills a wider spectrum of worms than Interceptor. Now I have to go web-shopping again. But if my guys get sick on it, I will probably go back to Interceptor. FWIW - if a med makes my hounds sick, I try something else. There are so many good products out there.

We use Iverheart Max, on all five with absolutely no problems. Good Luck!

Have used Interceptor for many years-never had any reaction from any dog. One thing I do though is I never give their heartworm meds at the same time as an insecticide or anything. I know you can but I don't. If I have to assault their bodies with chemicals of various types I just prefer to do it a little at a time and try to never "mix" anything.

Have used Interceptor for many years-never had any reaction from any dog. One thing I do though is I never give their heartworm meds at the same time as an insecticide or anything. I know you can but I don't. If I have to assault their bodies with chemicals of various types I just prefer to do it a little at a time and try to never "mix" anything.

Poor Shanti is on a medicine assault 2x a day everyday. The fluconazole along can make her feel bad. But I wonder if I give it mid day with a snack if that would work better.

The Girls