Now Adam Is Limping

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

Last night, Adam did some zoomies in the yard and he started limping a bit. At first I thought he was being a drama king and channeling our T. However, he is still limping pretty bad this morning. Many of you know that he has some really wonky looking nails and that might be causing it or the corn on his foot or he pulled something or hurt his back again or who the heck knows. I picked up some epsom salts for his corn and will soak his paw in a little bit. The poor boy looks pathetic.

I guess I'm just whining a little. We will, of course, be watching him and trying to pinpoint his pain....

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear about Adam.

Do you have any Deramaxx or Rimadyl in the house? Might want to give him some. I give Goldie's with Pepcid AC, to ease the effects on her stomach.

Hoping he just pulled something. Poor Guy! Good luck!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I keep coated aspirin in the house. I give it twice a day for a few days as a first course of action. My Vet is comfortable with my treating this way before I involve her.

Guest Energy11

I keep coated aspirin in the house. I give it twice a day for a few days as a first course of action. My Vet is comfortable with my treating this way before I involve her.

My vet is totally against giving aspirin, but, Curfew gets 1/2 of a low dose coated aspirin daily to prevent clot strokes, per Dr. Couto.

You can give (1) 81 mg low dose aspirin, twice daily, to see if it helps. Good Luck.

Guest mountain4greys

Ah crap :( Hopefully he just tweeked himself doing zoomies.

That is what I'm guessing. Come on Adam, please don't scare us!!

Guest greytbookert

Poor Adam... DH barely touched his paw and he cried out, the poor bugger! We gave him a tramadol around 9am, we do have some Rimadyl that we'll give him later on since that has more anti-inflammatory properties. If he is no better tomorrow we'll bring him to the vet... He has quite the cheering section, so I'm sure he'll be just fine in a couple of days.

my worry meter is getting higher and higher today....

on a side note, I fell down today... took a complete header at first turnout this morning :blush I'm ok, just a little banged up :lol

Poor Adam! :( Here's hoping it was just too much enthusiasm zooming around the yard :goodluck I hope he feels better soon.

And you, Deb - please be careful!! :unsure Hope you're not too sore...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest mountain4greys

Deb, I hope you're feeling better. We don't need 2 of you going to the doctors.

Lots more prayers for Adam.

Guest greytbookert

A little Adam update... we think we pin pointed his sore spot, it seems to be one of his nails that are causing significant pain. We gave him a Rimadyl and will be taking him to the vet in the morning. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't horrible compared to other medical issues but he is pathetic, poor boy.

as for me, I'm bruised and sore, just ask Auntie Amber. She just left after an afternoon of Mimosas and Clam Box for lunch :blush

Edited by greytbookert

Guest PhillyPups

An afternoon of mimosas you should be feelong no pain. Did Adam rip a nail in the yard? Limps are very high on my stress meter due to past experience. :bighug

Mimosas for you, Rimadryl for him. Sounds like a plan.

Hope you both feel much better tomorrow.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Heehoo

Yeah he may have pulled a muscle, a nail, a toe. Could be a sprain. I think I'd try some rimadyl or tramadol & some rest. Keep us posted.

My big blue Brogan hurt a nail & right where it all attaches to a bone got infected. I ended up having to have the toe amp'd...so hopefully you've caught his early.

Have a momosa for me too.

Guest SoulsMom

It was really sad to see poor Adam like that :( I hope the Rimadyl helps, and anxious to hear what the vet has to say tomorrow.

And I can tell you that Deb herself was hobbling around less after an afternoon of mimosa's and fried seafood :P Just hope the morning isn't too rough on you!

..............just a nail.................dear doG, please let it be just a nail. Hope you feel better in the morning, Adam!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greytbookert

Adam is limping a whole lot less today and even did a zoomie around the yard. I think I have a drama king on my hands :)